Debugging the plug-in while data import using plugin profiles Dynamics 365 Online RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Experts,

How to Debug the plug-in while data import using plugin profilers in Dynamics 365 online and what process do we need to attach as it will run in asynchronous mode, any help that would be great.

Thanks

Srikanth Singapuram 

Thursday, December 8, 2016 10:14 PM

All replies

• Hello Srikanth,

Check following video that describes how to debug plugins in CRM Online using Plugin Registration Tool - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ife_rHq-wSo

Dynamics CRM MVP
    Read My blog
    Subscribe for one of my courses

Saturday, December 10, 2016 6:15 PM
  • Hi Andrii,

Thanks for your response, yes i am able to debug the plug-in using plugin profiler but I want to debug the plugin while data import. In On-Premise we can attach the Async process while debugging (remote debugging), but in case of  online we won’t  get Async process to attach, And I am able to debug the same plug-in code while creating the record from UI using plugin profilers. Please suggest on the same.

Thanks

Srikanth

Thursday, December 15, 2016 2:29 PM
  • Srikanth,

There is no difference troubleshooting code using Plugin Profiler between CRM Online and on-prem, when user creates record using UI or it is created using inbuilt import. I have no idea why you mentioned Async process and remote debugging because when developer troubleshoots code using Plugin Profiler it attaches code to Plugin Registration Tool. It could be that I don't understand your issue, could you please elaborate a bit?

Dynamics CRM MVP
    Read My blog
    Subscribe for one of my courses

Thursday, December 15, 2016 4:22 PM