Project Professional 2007 - Synchronizing data to server RRS feed

• Question

• We use Project server 2007. When in the process of uploading a project after “Save and Finish” the system appears to freeze with the message at the bottom “Synchronizing data to server…”
    I waited for several minutes and then selected “Publish”. The bottom of the screen in MS Project did not update.
    The project was available in project server.  if we close the project professional 2007 and open the same project, it throws an error with message "This project cannot be opened in read-write mode because a previous checkin for this project is not complete. Do you want to open this project read only?"

We never had this problem on our dev or test environment.

Friday, September 17, 2010 6:05 PM

Answers

All replies

• Sanjeev:

On the system where you are having this problem try the following:

Navigate to \%appdata%\microsoft\ms project\

Delete everything below that folder, then verify that the project is, in fact, checked in. This should clear the issue

Make sure that your system and client are patched with current updates, which should help avoid this issue in the future.

Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG
    Friday, September 17, 2010 9:01 PM
  • Sanjeev:

On the system where you are having this problem try the following:

Navigate to \%appdata%\microsoft\ms project\

Delete everything below that folder, then verify that the project is, in fact, checked in. This should clear the issue

Make sure that your system and client are patched with current updates, which should help avoid this issue in the future.

Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG

Gary, thank you.  I deleted everything under C:\Documents and Settings\.......\Application Data\Microsoft\MS Project. When I click on Save and Finish we are getting the message at the bottom “Synchronizing data to server…”.
    Friday, September 17, 2010 9:36 PM