FF 3.6.28 can post, can't reply RRS feed

• Question

• FF 3.6.28 can post, can't reply.

I understand it's an "older" browser, but it's the one that i use. I would have replied to the other thread(s) about this, but i couldn't reply...

Monday, April 9, 2012 12:23 PM

Answers

All replies

• HI,

I could have added my issue here but with the same reason(submit button not working, hence I am not able to reply) I am opening a new thread...

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/reportabug/thread/2386d703-cbd1-4463-a3ed-1c5a1d7174ab

Thanks and regards, Rishabh , Microsoft Community Contributor

Monday, April 9, 2012 1:29 PM
  • test reply from safari
    Tuesday, April 10, 2012 2:47 AM
  • Test reply from IE9

Pan Zhang Customer Support EPX Service Engineering Support Team

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 3:29 AM
  • Test reply from Google Chrome - passed.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 3:52 AM
  • FWIW, my home workstation has been shut out of the forums for months now, XP and IE8, and FF whatever version hasn't worked either, BUT just now I downloaded Chrome, and it seems to work just fine - also about twice as fast.

Embarrassing that the MSDN forums work better with Chrome than with Microsoft's own products, but yes it is a current version of Chrome and both my IE and FF are antiques - though they are antiques that worked just fine for years, until the site LOST the ability to support them.

Josh

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 5:59 AM
  • worked from my IE8 installed, I was able to post on some threads that i knew :) and this is a test from my personal system having FF installed

Thanks and regards, Rishabh , Microsoft Community Contributor

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 5:56 PM
  • FWIW, my home workstation has been shut out of the forums for months now, XP and IE8, and FF whatever version hasn't worked either, BUT just now I downloaded Chrome, and it seems to work just fine - also about twice as fast.

Embarrassing that the MSDN forums work better with Chrome than with Microsoft's own products, but yes it is a current version of Chrome and both my IE and FF are antiques - though they are antiques that worked just fine for years, until the site LOST the ability to support them.

Josh

AS OF THIS MORNING, CHROME BROWSER *STOPPED* WORKING (ON MY PROBLEM WORKSTATION), HAVING BOTH PROBLEMS WITH THE LIVEID SYSTEM, AND EVEN WHEN IT APPEARS TO BE WORKING THE SUBMIT BUTTON IS DEAD, NONFUNCTIONAL.

I may have had a WindowsUpdate during this period, between Monday when it worked and Thursday when it failed, ... maybe I'll try a Chrome deinstall/reinstall.

BUT COME ON MICROSOFT.

(or maybe this is a return to the days of "DOS isn't done until Lotus won't run"?!)

Josh

ps - this message posted from another workstation even with IE8, an antique that in theory has the same configuration as the problem workstation, only this one still works.

• Edited by JRStern Thursday, April 12, 2012 10:16 PM
    Thursday, April 12, 2012 10:15 PM
  • testing ... chrome "incognito"

J.

aha!  first time I tried this.  it's working ... for now?!?!?!?

Friday, April 13, 2012 7:50 PM
  • Just tested FF 3.6.28 on Win XP

Seems i can reply again! Thanx!

Sunday, May 6, 2012 3:13 AM