none
MCT Competencies 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am thinking about getting MCT certification. I have read MCT Program Guide 2011 but I am still not able to find competencies for MCT to know which courses will I be able to teach.

Is there any way how to get this document if I am not currently MCT so I can not get to MCT sites?

Thanks

Jan

Friday, February 10, 2012 1:30 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Are you a Microsoft Certified Professional or Microsoft Dynamics IT Professional / Developer?

If yes as you logon to the MCP Site... mcp.microsoft.com you will see Enroll MCT tab under MCT Menu.. where you can apply for an MCT certification. For being into certification you need to be MCP in any required tracks listed in url below and you must be a trainer/freelance trainer/education professional.

What courses you will be able to teach is fully dependent upon the exams of Microsoft Cleared By you and your educational training expertise laid down by you with your experience certificate from a recognized institution, during application of MCT. There is no pre - defined list for what will you be able to teach... It will all be dependent on your cleared certification exams and once you become MCT you will get your own list of eligible to teach courses under your transcript.

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/mct.aspx

Please mark as answer if it helps you or unpropose as answer if it does not help you.

Thanks

Rehan Bharucha - The Tech Robot

MCTS, MCITP, MCPD, MCT, MCC

Friday, February 10, 2012 2:02 PM
  • Unfortunately there’s no list which details all the courses you can teach as a MCT.

If you pass additional certifications while you’re a MCT, courses associated with those certifications will automatically be added to the list of courses you can teach.

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Please mark answered if I've answered your question and vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker

• Marked as answer by Jan Bilek Friday, February 10, 2012 11:21 PM
    Friday, February 10, 2012 11:18 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Are you a Microsoft Certified Professional or Microsoft Dynamics IT Professional / Developer?

If yes as you logon to the MCP Site... mcp.microsoft.com you will see Enroll MCT tab under MCT Menu.. where you can apply for an MCT certification. For being into certification you need to be MCP in any required tracks listed in url below and you must be a trainer/freelance trainer/education professional.

What courses you will be able to teach is fully dependent upon the exams of Microsoft Cleared By you and your educational training expertise laid down by you with your experience certificate from a recognized institution, during application of MCT. There is no pre - defined list for what will you be able to teach... It will all be dependent on your cleared certification exams and once you become MCT you will get your own list of eligible to teach courses under your transcript.

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/mct.aspx

Please mark as answer if it helps you or unpropose as answer if it does not help you.

Thanks

Rehan Bharucha - The Tech Robot

MCTS, MCITP, MCPD, MCT, MCC

Friday, February 10, 2012 2:02 PM
  • Hi Rehan,

Thank you for reply.

I am MCP,MCSA,MCTS now so MCSA is the only one from list on site.

I thought there is a list where I can find for example: if you have MCSA you can teach 2003 Server courses ... so there is nothing like that and I will know after applying for MCT.

What about getting certifications after applying for an MCT certification? Currently, one exam remains me to MCSE and one other to MCITP. What if I will pass these exams after applying for MCT? Will my competencies update or do I have to wait until next year?

Thanks a lot.

Friday, February 10, 2012 2:54 PM
  • Unfortunately there’s no list which details all the courses you can teach as a MCT.

If you pass additional certifications while you’re a MCT, courses associated with those certifications will automatically be added to the list of courses you can teach.

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Please mark answered if I've answered your question and vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker

• Marked as answer by Jan Bilek Friday, February 10, 2012 11:21 PM
    Friday, February 10, 2012 11:18 PM
  • Thank you very much!

That is exactly what I needed to know.

Friday, February 10, 2012 11:21 PM