Issue with JDK RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    Can you advise which JDK version, would resolve issue below?

------ Rebuild All started: Project: Andr1, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------
    Project 'Andr1' requires the following components installed on your machine: 
    Xamarin.Android for Visual Studio requires Android SDK. 
    Please install it or set Android SDK path on Tools->Options->Xamarin->Android Settings menu.
    Xamarin.Android for Visual Studio requires Java Development Kit.
    Please install it or set Java Development Kit path for Oracle 1.8+ on Tools->Options->Xamarin->Android Settings menu.

In order to resolve this, please go to the Error List window, make sure "Build + IntelliSense" is selected and double-click on the error above.
    Build has been canceled.

Many Thanks & Best Regards, Hua Min

• Moved by CoolDadTx Friday, May 8, 2020 1:14 PM Xamarin related
    Friday, May 8, 2020 8:08 AM

Answers

• You need to download seperately because Android SDK is authored by Google, not Microsoft.

The "Command Line Tools Only" section in this page.

After you downloaded and installed the tools, use the sdkmanager command to download and install your selected version of SDK.

Sounds too complicated? That's the reason I almost always just install Android Studio and use whatever is offered there.

• Marked as answer by Jackson_1990 Thursday, May 14, 2020 7:39 AM
    Wednesday, May 13, 2020 10:36 AM

All replies

• Any Java version > 1.8 will do.

For myself, I nearly always just use whatever JDK version that comes with current version of Android Studio.

Friday, May 8, 2020 8:14 AM
  • Please post questions related to Xamarin in the Xamarin forums. This forum is for C#-specific questions only.

Michael Taylor http://www.michaeltaylorp3.net

Friday, May 8, 2020 1:14 PM
  • Hi,
    Issue is with VS 2017. What to change below

due to such error?
    Project 'Andr1' requires the following components installed on your machine: 
    Xamarin.Android for Visual Studio requires Android SDK. 
    Please install it or set Android SDK path on Tools->Options->Xamarin->Android Settings menu.

In order to resolve this, please go to the Error List window, make sure "Build + IntelliSense" is selected and double-click on the error above.

Wednesday, May 13, 2020 5:29 AM
  • You see the red cross in the dialog. It means the IDE cannot find the Android SDK.

Just click "Change" on the same line and specify the path of your Android SDK.

Wednesday, May 13, 2020 6:21 AM
  • Which is the relevant path, within the one below?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\

Wednesday, May 13, 2020 6:41 AM
  • You need to download seperately because Android SDK is authored by Google, not Microsoft.

The "Command Line Tools Only" section in this page.

After you downloaded and installed the tools, use the sdkmanager command to download and install your selected version of SDK.

Sounds too complicated? That's the reason I almost always just install Android Studio and use whatever is offered there.

• Marked as answer by Jackson_1990 Thursday, May 14, 2020 7:39 AM
    Wednesday, May 13, 2020 10:36 AM
  • Yes, I get that and unzip it. Is it to refer to path inside that? Which path?

Wednesday, May 13, 2020 1:38 PM
  • Open "Configure" -> "SDK Manager" from start screen of Android Studio, in the search box type "Andorid SDK" and you should have it.

The specific location is at "Appearance and Behaviour" -> "System Settings" -> "Android SDK".

Thursday, May 14, 2020 1:23 AM
  • Many thanks.
    What to choose further?

Thursday, May 14, 2020 2:15 AM
  • The Android SDK path is on the "Andorid SDK Location" textfield there.

i.e.: Your user folder \AppData\Local\Android\Sdk

Thursday, May 14, 2020 3:47 AM