Change existing KEY for XP SP2 to an English version. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Smile

I wonder if it's possible to let my Dutch Registration KEY transfer to a new key for an english version of XP SP2.

I have the original NL version of XP with sticker. I'm not using this one, and want to replace this one for a UK one.

Is this possible, and if yes how ?

Kind regards,

Chris Biesterveld

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 5:21 PM

Answers

• Chris,

No problem. Wish there was something we could do. Please work with the location where you purchased the operating system.  When you are ready to upgrade and/or purchase software and/or hardware please take a look here: http://www.windowsmarketplace.com/. Take care Chris.

Stephen Holm, MS

WGA Forum Manager

Thursday, August 2, 2007 9:47 PM

All replies

• Product Keys are specific for the original language version.  Thus, you cannot use a Product Key meant for a Dutch version of Windows XP with a UK version of Windows XP.

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 10:46 PM
  • Hi, i indeed noticed that my English XP Version did not accept my dutch key.

That's why my question is, if i can get an English key for my english version of XP,

and I mail my dutch key to Microsoft so they can disable this dutch key.

In short, i want to trade my dutch key for an english key.

Greetings,

Chris

Wednesday, August 1, 2007 7:17 AM
  •  

Chris,

This would be a matter of you working with the location where the purchase was made. Please contact them and explain the situation. This forum is dedicated to WGA issues. Sorry I could not help any further.

Stephen Holm, MS

WGA Forum Manager

Wednesday, August 1, 2007 11:25 PM
  • No Problem. Thank you for the trouble so far, and

sorry for making a wrong entry in this forum. Smile

Greetings,

Chris

Thursday, August 2, 2007 7:15 AM
  • Chris,

No problem. Wish there was something we could do. Please work with the location where you purchased the operating system.  When you are ready to upgrade and/or purchase software and/or hardware please take a look here: http://www.windowsmarketplace.com/. Take care Chris.

Stephen Holm, MS

WGA Forum Manager

Thursday, August 2, 2007 9:47 PM