No netbios devices found RRS feed

• Question

• When I came to my Windows 10 system this morning I found that my network shares had disappeared. So I cannot "see" my Proliant server and my Drobo (Disk array) dashboard cannot find my Drobo device.

I've logged on as administrator on the Proliant Windows 2011 server, and tried a "net use" command. This resulted in:

System Error 6118 has occurred
    The list of servers for this workgroup is not currently available

I suspect this might have been caused by my changing the IP address on my Windows 10 system from a DHCP address above 192.168.100.1 to a fixed address of 192.168.1.2 - note these are both in the same subnet, and TCP/IP is working fine. However, I have no idea how to fix this problem.

My Windows 10 stopped booting a week ago, and the local computer shop re-installed Windows 10. The Proliant shares and the Drobo were working  until this morning.

Can I discover the name of the workgroup on the Windows Server 11 Proliant? 

What's the connection between a Server 2011 workgroup and a Windows 10 HomeGroup?

Tuesday, December 26, 2017 7:47 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please open Run, type “services.msc” and end with enter to open Services, please find below service, try to manually start, or re-start it and check the result:
    Computer Browser

Besides, please try to disable firewall on both server and client, including anti-virus/protection software temporarily, re-stat both system and check the result.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 26, 2017 9:55 AM
  • Hi,

How things are going there on this issue?

Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 1, 2018 5:51 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update?

Please click “Mark as answer” if the reply is helpful. It would make this reply to the top and easier to be found for other people who has the similar problem.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Friday, January 5, 2018 8:04 AM