2003 S&T Reinstallation issues... RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Hoping you can help with a reinstallation issue.  I've got Office Student and Teacher Edition 2003 that was previously installed on a Dell desktop as well as two laptops.  I have uninstalled from the desktop and had a hard drive crash on one of the laptops, which necessitated a complete reinstallation of Windows.  At this point I am unable to get a successful installation authorization of the software on anything.  Have I 'used up' the installations completely?  I would like to install this onto my daughter's laptop and assume it would be acceptable as there is currently only one license in use.

What are my options and best next step?

If not possible, is there an upgrade path to an Office XP or 2007 product that includes Outlook?  The S&T editions no longer include this as part of their package....

Thanks for your assistance.
    Sunday, January 27, 2008 4:37 PM

Answers

• Hello quadzillabill,

Trial versions of Office Suites can cause your purchased copy to not validate.  I would suggest uninstalling the trial version before attempting to validate/install your purchased copy of Office on your machine.  If you still need assistance then please run the MGA diagnostic tool and paste the results in this thread.

Thank you,

Matt Prall, MS
    OGA Forum Manager

Tuesday, January 29, 2008 2:46 PM

All replies

• I should mention that I'm currently running a trail version of Office 2007 while trying to resolve this.  Will the diagnostic tools still work regarding a 2003 installation with that in mind?
    Sunday, January 27, 2008 4:46 PM
  • Hello quadzillabill,

Trial versions of Office Suites can cause your purchased copy to not validate.  I would suggest uninstalling the trial version before attempting to validate/install your purchased copy of Office on your machine.  If you still need assistance then please run the MGA diagnostic tool and paste the results in this thread.

Thank you,

Matt Prall, MS
    OGA Forum Manager

Tuesday, January 29, 2008 2:46 PM