Where do we get the WP7 app? RRS feed

• Question

• The only thing I see on the marketplace is one from whsphone.com (looks like for WHS v1).

(I might be a little impatient but I really do want to play with that feature)

Friday, February 4, 2011 12:20 AM

All replies

• Agreed. I have a Focus and have been demonstrating my test WHS 2011 box to some prospective future clients (admittedly family, friends, and co-workers at this point, but one has to start somewhere). I feel like whipping out the WP7 My Server app and demonstrating its functionality might be the clincher in a lot of these meetings.

In a related note, anyone notice that the RC build did NOT update the WAP formatted version of the remote web access login page? It still says "Code Name: "Vail" on it! The desktop login page reflects the final release name, though. I hope someone at MSFT remembers to get to that before RTM :)

Friday, February 4, 2011 4:28 PM
  • I am waiting this as well, but in the meantime the wife and I are putting lists and budgets on a shared family documents drive that you can access from the page.  It should automatically default you to the mobile page, which is quite fast, even for T-mo's 3G network.
    Monday, February 7, 2011 9:31 PM
  • What page address are you going in order to see the Mobile formatted page? I use WP7 and all I see the the same page regardless of the browser set to mobile or desktop.
    Monday, February 7, 2011 11:00 PM
  • It should automatically default you to the mobile page, which is quite fast, even for T-mo's 3G network.

It does default me to the mobile page, but the next time you're there, look at the heading: "Windows Server Code Name 'Vail.'" I just find it interesting that it didn't get updated with the RC release.

The URL is the same for the mobile version as the desktop version, but my WP7 phone is set up to display the mobile version of any website, when available. Only problem there is that it only allows downloads, no streaming of any content (which the app purports to allow). And we can't use the desktop version to stream, because Silverlight isn't available for IE mobile (yet).

Which brings us back to the question: when/where will the My Server app be available? :)

Tuesday, February 8, 2011 12:58 PM