my question marked as a spam RRS feed

• Question

• hello,

I posted a question in wpf forum and I wanted to edit it but it says it was marked as a spam, what went wrong here? 

here is my post: 

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/5f957acc-ea50-4592-b06b-baa0f8ed563a/wpf-mvvm-datagrid-column-update-according-to-calculation-in-the-code?forum=wpf#5f957acc-ea50-4592-b06b-baa0f8ed563a

thanks

Sunday, May 14, 2017 7:12 PM

Answers

All replies

• You may just need verified. You can expedite verification by replying to this thread with your request.
    https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/054fddac-7164-4412-a077-f57ba5dd9e5d/verify-your-account-38?forum=reportabug

Sticky located at top of Forums Issues (not product support) forum
    https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home

(also thread looks Ok, not marked spam)

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Sunday, May 14, 2017 9:23 PM
  • Still no response from Forums Team in regards to that wording. Did you try to email them?

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

My TechNet articles

Monday, May 15, 2017 2:29 AM
  • he said it refused to let him edit his existing post.  

Understood, I add that because of subject line and the fact that not all new users know how to tell. The solution is still to get verified.

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Monday, May 15, 2017 4:28 AM
  • Hi,

I did post in the thread as you told me to verify my account.

Monday, May 15, 2017 7:44 AM
  • Hi,

I did post in the thread as you told me to verify my account.

Sounds good then. Hopefully soon someone from (MSDN, Technet Service Delivery Team) will verify the new accounts.

Monday, May 15, 2017 2:09 PM
  • Note that You may just need verified and You need verified are both ambiguous. So do you mean You need to be verified or do you mean You need to get a verified something? The ambiguity exists because it is not clear whether a verified is something you get or something you need to have done.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Monday, May 15, 2017 6:28 PM
  • Note that You may just need verified and You need verified are both ambiguous. So do you mean You need to be verified or do you mean You need to get a verified something? The ambiguity exists because it is not clear whether a verified is something you get or something you need to have done.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Best not to overthink these things. Solution is to request verification in current thread here which the OP has already done.

Sticky located at top of Forums Issues (not product support) forum
    https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home

Monday, May 15, 2017 7:03 PM
  • It is also best to not under-think things like this. Note that the MSDN forums are intended to be a resource for as many people as possible so it helps to make it as generally useful as possible. I really think it is best to attempt to avoid terminology that is understood by a limited number of people.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Monday, May 15, 2017 7:12 PM
  • I think the best way is to make the message the new users receive to be explicit and said something like: "You're not allowed to add links or images in your post until you're verified. Please add your name to the latest verification thread which can be found at the top of this forum 'Forums Issues'". At least now it would be clear and new users will know what to do until this manual verification process remains.

My blog

My TechNet articles

Tuesday, May 16, 2017 12:01 PM
  • But don't you think that it is indeed the root cause of that problem anyway? The forum's developers may need to do something about it, right, derosnec?

My blog

My TechNet articles

Tuesday, May 16, 2017 6:09 PM
  • I don't think my answer can be qualified as such.

My blog

My TechNet articles

Tuesday, May 16, 2017 6:22 PM