Can't Access backup under differant login RRS feed

• Question

• I have a problem.  When I was logged in last week I backed up and have a short cut on one of my drives. Since then two things have happened.

1. I've reformatted and reinstalled XP ( not htis drive though)

2. re submitted my onecare details under the same email address but "differant" passward. And now logged in under this differant account..but now I need this backup for one of my old financial files (*.qbb) and when I request restore it can't see the drive or the back up file I have on my computer even though I can see it!!!

Help....as I really need this old back up for this specific flle only.

Sunday, August 31, 2008 8:43 AM

Answers

• If I understand correctly your previous backups were made to an internal drive on your computer. Since you have reinstalled Windows you first have to make the original backup folder a shared network drive - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2582583&SiteID=2 Open One Care and configure backup to use the shared folder as the backup destination, then select "Restore files from another computer" and you should see your previous backups and be able to restore your files.

Sunday, August 31, 2008 2:30 PM

All replies

• If I understand correctly your previous backups were made to an internal drive on your computer. Since you have reinstalled Windows you first have to make the original backup folder a shared network drive - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2582583&SiteID=2 Open One Care and configure backup to use the shared folder as the backup destination, then select "Restore files from another computer" and you should see your previous backups and be able to restore your files.

Sunday, August 31, 2008 2:30 PM
  • I believe that Jim is correct, with one additional item - in order to have backed up to an internal drive, you configured Centralized Backup from a Hub. I believe you will need to configure Centralized backup to use this "new" Share in order to see it as a valid source to restore from.

-steve

Wednesday, September 3, 2008 5:24 PM