Need to support more than 3 computers RRS feed

• Question

• I need to support 6 computers with Windows live Onecare.  I purchased 2 sets of the CDs and have 2 different product keys.  I have only installed one as of now.

I sent an email to customer support and here is there answer.

to: Microsoft Customer Support [LV_ID.WNLV.WW.00.EN.SYK.MNL.TS.T01.SPT.00.EM@css.one.microsoft.com]

Subject:RE: SRX1057453460ID - Windows Live ID:I have a different probleSurprisether

Hello Thomas,

Thank you for writing to Windows Live ID Technical Support. This is Anthony and I am pleased to provide you with assistance.  I understand that you have an issue with Windows Live OneCare.  I know how important this may be and allow me to assist you.

As much as I would like to assist you, I am sorry but we are only equipped to answer Windows Live ID related issues.  I suggest that you contact the support group of Windows Live OneCare since they are in the position to assist you.  To contact them, please go to: http://onecare.live.com/standard/en-us/support/default.htm

You can also contact Windows Live OneCare at this telephone number [removed]

I know how important it is to have your concern addressed immediately.  Please accept my apologies for not being able to assist you fully.

Sincerely,       

Anthony       

Windows Live ID Technical Support 

This email answer was no help.  The phone number is for MSN phone paid subscribers, and the support link probides no help about more than 3 computers. 

I do not want to have to create more than one Microsoft ID, and do not know if the 2 different OneCare installations would talk to each other if I did.  The three computers that does not have OneCare loaded cannot even see my shared printers anymore.  I sure don't want to have to go back to zonealarm.

Help Please

Tom H.. 

Saturday, February 2, 2008 5:38 PM

Answers

• At this time, OneCare allows 3 PCs per subscription and each LiveID can only have a single subscription associated with it.

So, you would need 2 LiveIDs and that would create 2 sets of 3 PCs.

For the printer issue, open OneCare on the 3 PCs that have it installed, click change settings, and on the firewall tab, click configure and make sure that the network is identified as "home or work" which should then allow your files and printers to be shared once again. If not, click the advanced button and on the ports and protocols tab, place a check mark next File and printer Sharing Internet and subnet.

-steve

Monday, February 4, 2008 2:02 AM