none
Can't Disable One Drive

Question

• Hello Guys ,

I Would Like tO say that I am Running an Acer inspire one , Netbook now I have read many various things in the forums

Regaruding this issue , and Well I am certainly In agreement with them on this . When I had Upgraded to 8.1 From Windows 8 , It all installed perfectly fine if you didn't mind the wait . Now my Issues is that On netbooks there is no Windows Pro, So there for I can not use the Regeistory editor or Group policy Believe me I've tried , Ive even went so far as to try and Controll panle / programs/ uninstall  But for the life of me it wasn't listed in the options of What could or couldn't be uninstalled . Now I never wanted or Asked For One Drive it was forced on me . now being that I have a net book I have limited Recoures , and this is taking up To much I want to get rid of it . And if I can not , That is Fine But please tell me how I can Disable it from using up rescouces atlest .

from a Very Fustarted Customer

• Moved by Just KarlModerator Tuesday, October 14, 2014 1:49 PM Looking for the proper forum.
    Sunday, October 12, 2014 10:55 PM

Answers

• This forum is for questions about the TechNet Wiki. You need to ask your question on a Microsoft Answers forum dedicated to Windows 8.1, such as here:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1?tab=Threads

The "Ask a question" option is on the "Participate" menu. We cannot move this question there, so you will need to ask it again. Thanks for your patience.

If you have Windows 8.1 RT, change the selection before asking, as it makes a difference.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Monday, October 13, 2014 12:30 AM

All replies

• This forum is for questions about the TechNet Wiki. You need to ask your question on a Microsoft Answers forum dedicated to Windows 8.1, such as here:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1?tab=Threads

The "Ask a question" option is on the "Participate" menu. We cannot move this question there, so you will need to ask it again. Thanks for your patience.

If you have Windows 8.1 RT, change the selection before asking, as it makes a difference.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Monday, October 13, 2014 12:30 AM
  • Hello,

Please ask in the OneDrive forum on Microsoft Community.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion':

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ('6F6C646B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Tuesday, October 14, 2014 1:48 PM
  • Hello,

The TechNet Wiki Forum is a place for the TechNet Wiki Community to engage, question, organize, debate, help, influence and foster the TechNet Wiki content, platform and Community.

Please note that this forum exists to discuss TechNet Wiki as a technology/application.

As it's off-topic here, I am moving the question to the Where is the forum for... forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ('6F6C646B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Tuesday, October 14, 2014 1:49 PM