Domain name after hotmail.com to outlook.com change RRS feed

• Question

• After the name change from hotmail.com to outlook.com to my Windows Live ID "strange" things have started to happen on my whs 2011.. :-(

First I have notised this error "The Internet domain name cannot be updated".
    I have been able to access my server from remote for a while with no problems, but now its suddently full stop. "Error 500 Internal server error"  is all I get. :-(
    I have tried to fix it via server settings in the dashboard under Remote web access and "Release the current domain name".  Here I get this error:
    "The user name or password for your domain name service provider is not correct."
    I guess this is related to the name change from hotmail.com to outlook.com to my Windows Live ID.

So I'm a bit stuck. :-(

I'll be happy for any advice on how to get out off this mess again.
    And I'll guess I'm not the only one with this problem...

Regards

Jastro

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 7:54 PM

All replies

• I'm now able to access my whs from remote again and it works fine.

But, the issue with my Live ID is still the same....
    After the change to outlook.com I can't use my hotmail.com to temporarly relase my current domain... :-(

Thursday, August 16, 2012 9:26 AM
  • I have the same problem....

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 10:07 AM
  • Do you ever use your Live ID for anything? Live IDs are removed from the system after a period of inactivity (I think it's a year), but anything associated with that Live ID may still continue to function, as many add-on services use an authentication token rather than the actual Live ID for updates. The expiration of your Live ID can orphan your vanity URL. 

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 2:29 PM
  • I had the same problem, but after a day or so my domain was updated with my new Live ID.

It works great now :)

Monday, October 15, 2012 10:56 AM