WHS 2011 Domain Setup RRS feed

• Question

• I have been using whs2011 form get go my problem is this:

I used the setup wizzard to set up s.ski.com from godaddy, I can connect fine and all is well, manually installed the certs per godaddy instructions, but I keep getting email alerts

SERVER: The Internet domain name cannot be updated

The information that is used to contact the domain name provider is not correct. Update the domain name information to remotely access the server.

Existing alerts:

SERVER: Remote Desktop Services is not configured correctly

Remote Desktop Services is not configured correctly. You must configure Remote Desktop Services to remotely connect to computers in the network.

Just recently I have been getting 3-5 emails a day! In the remote web access tab it say wait while your cert request is being processed.

Go Daddy is telling me that server CA is trying to get the cert and not my domain name, the funny thing is when I use go daddy I get no errors for certs.

To make matters worse godaddy redirect has no errors but when I use my ip address directly I get a cert error.

Now im not a tech by any means, just follow directions. I kinda know my way around with IIS7 and computers, but again I just know because I followed direction with trial and error so any help would be great.

Do I need to setup a cert for windows directly also? is so why and how? Shouldnt this be a easy process? In setup wizzard add domain name and done!

EDIT: the cert is from server CA trying to connect to go daddy. I'm assuming that the go daddy cert is fine and working but I think that whs uses its own cert as well, eg. domain cert is form godaddy and server cert is from the server, server ca. Anyone ?

• Edited by rob111111 Wednesday, April 25, 2012 11:40 PM
    Monday, April 23, 2012 12:45 AM

All replies

• I'm having the same issue, but I see no one has responded to your post in 2+ months.  With all the posts on this issue (on this and other boards), I'm surprised it has never been addressed by Microsoft.
    Tuesday, July 10, 2012 1:33 AM