Throw exception:"The column name is not valid. [ Node name (if any) = ut0,Column name = __sysInsertTxBsn ]" RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi all:

I use Visual Studio 2008 Beta2 wirte a demo of Sync Service for ADO.NET . I use Sync Desinger create a sync file. The code is below:

LocalDataCache1SyncAgent syncAgent = new LocalDataCache1SyncAgent();
                syncAgent.Employees.SyncDirection = Microsoft.Synchronization.Data.SyncDirection.Bidirectional;
                Microsoft.Synchronization.Data.SyncStatistics syncStats = syncAgent.Synchronize();

When SyncDirection is Snapshot or DownloadOnly, the demo worked well. But I set SyncDirection is UploadOnly or Bidirectional. When I run the demo, it will throw a Exception: ""An error occurred when enumerating changes in the client database. Check the inner exception for more details."

InnerException is ""The column name is not valid. [ Node name (if any) = ut0,Column name = __sysInsertTxBsn".

I don't know __sysInsertTxBsn is on server database or client database? How to create the column? I use the database is Northwind db, Sync Desinger create the traking columns on server db. I can't find __sysInsertTxBsn on server db and client db.

Who can tell me how to fix the bug?

Thanks very much!

• Moved by Max Wang_1983 Friday, April 22, 2011 5:54 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Sunday, October 28, 2007 3:10 PM

Answers

•  

Most likely you got older version of the SSCE engine on you machine. could you please check the sqlcese35.dll under \Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server Compact Edition\v3.5\ to see what version it is ?

Thanks

Yunwen

Monday, October 29, 2007 8:25 PM

All replies

•  

Most likely you got older version of the SSCE engine on you machine. could you please check the sqlcese35.dll under \Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server Compact Edition\v3.5\ to see what version it is ?

Thanks

Yunwen

Monday, October 29, 2007 8:25 PM
  • I got the same exception message though I was using SQL Compact on a Windows CE.NET device with Active Sync. It turned out that there was a sharing violation with the sdf database file on the device. So when I expected my newer sdf file (with it's extra columns) to be copied down to the device, it wasn't and the program would fail at runtime when it would look for columns that simply weren't there since the application would be looking at the old sdf database file. Deleting the old sdf database file on the device allowed the new one to be copied down and the problem disappeared.

Thursday, November 15, 2007 3:09 PM
  • Yunwen,

I've got the exact same error and it crops up when synchronizing Rafik Robeal's demo application on codeproject http://www.codeproject.com/KB/smart/takedataoffline.aspx.

I've checked the sqlcese35.dll file and its version is 3.5.5386.0.

Can you help me out to get past this error please?

Thanks,

Mustafa Ismail Mustafa
    Sunday, January 20, 2008 9:39 AM
  •  

This seems hit by some people.

would you please also check the version of the Microsoft.Synchronization.Data.SqlserverCe.dll and the System.Data.SqlserverCe.dll ? they should be 5386.00 also.

Please try to check this via the debugger to see the one actually loaded.

thanks

Yunwen

Sunday, January 20, 2008 7:31 PM
  • Checked them both and both are version type 3.5.5365.0.

I'm going to try and remove all versions of SqlServerCe and re-install the latest release. 

Do you have any other suggestions?
    Monday, January 21, 2008 8:10 AM
  •  

I got the same error and eventually found I'd missed a column in the replication publisher.

Found it by checking the SQLCE database table on the PDA

Added the column to the replication publisher, resynchronised and bingo it works

Hope this helps someone. Wasted lots of my time ;-(

Saturday, August 30, 2008 8:00 PM
  • I would be a bit more causious to say it works. can you share out what column did you add to the server ?

thanks

Yunwen

Friday, September 5, 2008 9:08 AM