connect RRS feed

• Question

• Ok, I can't connect to a website.  That website is www.lotro.com.  I need this so i can play LotrO.

I've updated everything and all other websites are good.

I'm using windows vista home premium with windows live onecare firewall and virus protection.

Everything was working fine till Tuesday april 7th now the website can't be accessed and the game wont load.

I have IExplorer 8 and it says there is a connection issue but nothing i've tried seems to help.

If anyone has anything i can try. Pls let me know
    Wednesday, April 8, 2009 6:29 PM

Answers

• If IE has access to the Internet for other sites, OneCare is not blocking it. OneCare does not block web sites.

If your game downloads executable code to your PC that requires access to the Internet, you may need to add the game exe to the firewall exception list.

I suggest that you review the support contacts and information for the game and/or contact OneCare support for help if you believe OneCare is causing the issue.
    Note that I am moving your post to the firewall forum.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Wednesday, April 8, 2009 6:46 PM

All replies

• If IE has access to the Internet for other sites, OneCare is not blocking it. OneCare does not block web sites.

If your game downloads executable code to your PC that requires access to the Internet, you may need to add the game exe to the firewall exception list.

I suggest that you review the support contacts and information for the game and/or contact OneCare support for help if you believe OneCare is causing the issue.
    Note that I am moving your post to the firewall forum.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Wednesday, April 8, 2009 6:46 PM
  • Well, i've place all 3 files to the exception list and i still can't get it  to start.  Did that before posting here.  Could it be anything else?  I've even turned everything off, virus protection and firewall.
    Wednesday, April 8, 2009 7:10 PM
  • If the issue persists after turning off the One Care firewall and antivirus this is most likely not a One Care issue. The best way for you to resolve this issue is to follow the suggestions in Steve's post.
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh
    Wednesday, April 8, 2009 11:43 PM