WHS Connector will not connect RRS feed

• Question

• Recently I lost contact between a laptop running XP and the home server (HP EX475). For some reasons the backups were not running anymore and the WHS trayicon was gone. So I decided to uninstall the connector software, reboot and reinstall the connector software by going to http://tower:56000/ in a browser and clicking the install button.

Everything installs fine, and the WHS trayicon is back. I decide to do a reboot to check that everything is in order again. After a boot the WHS icon is once again gone. I check the Windows Event Viewer and discover this message:

Windows Home Server protocol mismatch. This computer uses protocol version 6.0.2030.2, but partner computer TOWER uses protocol version 6.0.2030.0. A connection cannot be established.

This is a copy of the version information from the WHS console:

Windows Home Server Console: 6.0.2030.2
    Windows Home Server Backup & Restore: 6.0.2030.0
    Windows Home Server Drive Extender: 6.0.2030.0
    Windows Home Server Remote Access: 6.0.2030.0
    Windows Home Server Storage Manager: 6.0.2030.13

I have three other computers that are connected to the same server, they all work just fine. Any ideas?

I'm running PP 2 and I have not tried PP3 beta.
    HP MediaSmart EX475, 2 GB ram, 2 TB storage. Author of WHS File Manager Add-In, WHS Jungle Disk Add-in and WHS Media Connect Configuration Add-in. http://blog.paks.no/whs-add-ins/
    Monday, November 16, 2009 8:29 PM

All replies

• You can try uninstalling, then reinstalling, Power Pack 2 on your server. You could also take a look at this FAQ, which describes how to replace the connector installation files in the event that you have accidentally deleted or moved them. It should also serve to replace them if you somehow have the wrong version of the connector in the folder on the server.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Monday, November 16, 2009 9:35 PM
  • Hi,
    did you already try to reboot the server? I have seen this irritating error message going away sometimes after doing so.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Tuesday, November 17, 2009 8:48 AM