CRM 11-13 : General Question RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've couple of questions, I would be glad if you can provide hint.

1. Can we sign up CRM 2011 trial now ?

2. Can we import CRM 2013 solution to CRM 2011, I assume this is not possible, can we have any workaround to get this done ?

having said CRM 2011 is now upgraded for online customers. If I need to develop something using CRM 2011 online. is it possible because all on-premise customer have not been migrated yet and this causes chaos developing without CRM 2011 online trial  ?

Thanks,

Hiren.

Thanks and regards,
    Hiren Solanki.
    Please vote or mark as a answer if it helped you.

Wednesday, December 4, 2013 1:09 PM

All replies

• You can't sign up for a CRM 2011 Online trial now.  CRM 2013 solutions aren't backward-compatible with CRM 2011, though I imagine you could dig into the XML and make changes to push it back. I wouldn't recommend it, though.

If you need to develop for CRM 2011, your best bet is to set up a local development environment.  Or, you could use Azure, set up some virtual servers, and install CRM 2011 on those virtual servers.  No local resources needed.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Wednesday, December 4, 2013 1:37 PM
  • Thanks Wayne for your quick revert.

Is there any possibility of getting CRM 2011 ready virtual machine ?

Thanks and regards,
    Hiren Solanki.
    Please vote or mark as a answer if it helped you.

Wednesday, December 4, 2013 1:50 PM
  • From Microsoft? maybe, you'd have to ask them.

In Azure?  That's actually pretty simple.  Just log in, go to Virtual Machines, and turn on a Windows Server, and a SQL Server on the same network.  They will be ready to install CRM once they're done turning on.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Wednesday, December 4, 2013 1:52 PM