PowerShell - Task scheduler RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm able to run the below powershell script manually and get the desired output, but when I schedule it through Task scheduler - I'm not getting any error but the file size is zero kb. 

I have used powershell path as program path, used -File <xyz.ps1 file path> as argument, am I missing something ?

--------------------------------------------------------------

$Date = (Get-Date).AddDays(-31)

Get-WinEvent -ComputerName xyz1.example.com -FilterHashtable @{logname='Microsoft-Windows-TerminalServices-Gateway/Operational';StartTime = $Date; ID = 300 } | Select-Object -Property TimeCreated, Id, ProviderName, Message |export-csv c:\logs\xyz1csv

• Moved by Bill_Stewart Wednesday, May 30, 2018 7:28 PM Abandoned
    Monday, March 26, 2018 3:45 AM

All replies

• Folder permissions? 

Unfortunately this is not a task manager forum.  As you noted,  the script works.  You need to troubleshoot your task definition and permissions.

\_(ツ)_/

Monday, March 26, 2018 4:16 AM
  • Hi,

I'm able to run the below powershell script manually and get the desired output, but when I schedule it through Task scheduler - I'm not getting any error but the file size is zero kb. 

I have used powershell.exe path as program path, used -File <xyz.ps1 file path> as argument, am I missing something ?

--------------------------------------------------------------

$Date = (Get-Date).AddDays(-31)

Get-WinEvent -ComputerName xyz1.example.com -FilterHashtable @{logname='Microsoft-Windows-TerminalServices-Gateway/Operational';StartTime = $Date; ID = 300 } | Select-Object -Property TimeCreated, Id, ProviderName, Message |export-csv c:\logs\xyz1csv

• Merged by jrv Monday, March 26, 2018 11:38 AM DUPLICATE
    Monday, March 26, 2018 11:25 AM
  • You have already asked about this and you were told that it wasn't a scripting issue, have you followed the advice given?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/scriptcenter/en-US/23e9c423-1b88-4298-bf14-5019e96bc909/powershell-task-scheduler?forum=ITCG#23e9c423-1b88-4298-bf14-5019e96bc909

Learn PowerShell                     Script Requests

-Remember to mark the correct response as the answer-

Monday, March 26, 2018 11:33 AM
  • You could use Start-Transcript within your PowerShell script to see what it does whilst running as a Scheduled Task.
    Monday, March 26, 2018 11:43 AM
  • Hi,

Try to run the task with "run with highest privileges".

Thanks,

Kapil K

Monday, March 26, 2018 11:51 AM
  • Thanks Kapil, tried "run with highest privileges" but no luck. However I have solved it. The solution was to save credentials as it is required for accessing any network resources. 

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc722152.aspx

• Edited by George K U Tuesday, April 3, 2018 1:26 AM
    Tuesday, April 3, 2018 1:22 AM