Setting up frequency of deposits RRS feed

• Question

• The version I have is Money Sunset 17.0.120.3817 and have been using it for some time now.  I would like to know if there is a way to set up a series of deposits that occure on the second Tuesday of the month. (this doesn't always occure every 4 weeks or on the same date.) Any help would be appreciated. If it isn't available at this time perhaps an update allowing a user to set the frequency would be possible.
    Friday, April 29, 2016 4:22 PM

All replies

• The scheduling options in Money are pretty limited and I could not find a way to do that when I started receiving similar deposits.

Since Microsoft has terminated support for Money there will be no more updates.

Friday, April 29, 2016 5:18 PM
  • Barry-Schwartz is correct, there is no option for this.  It was a frequently-requested improvement back when Microsoft was still supporting Money, but it was never implemented.

As you may know, you can schedule a monthly deposit and then go in and manually edit future deposits to be on the correct day.  Unfortunately, you can only edit 12 occurrences, so you need to repeat this every year.

Bill Becker

Saturday, April 30, 2016 3:19 AM
  • As Barry-Schwarz has told you, the frequency you want is not available. I suggest you schedule the deposits weekly and skip those occurrences where no deposit is received. If you use the 'budget' feature you can put contra (negative) figures in those months (customise additional income) where there are 2 or 3 Tuesdays with no deposit ~ this works for me where I have to pay 10 Council Tax demands per year.

Teabag

Wednesday, May 4, 2016 6:13 AM
  • I scheduled deposits, which are the 3rd Wednesdays of each month, as monthly on the 21st and clicked on "Enter the transactions automatically 10 days before payment" so that the actual downloaded payment syncs with the correct date.  Works for me.

• Edited by ameridan Thursday, May 5, 2016 3:23 PM
    Wednesday, May 4, 2016 5:15 PM