Windows OneCare User Agent RRS feed

• Question

• I believe this could be a big problem with many users out here.  Hopefully, it is not a breach of security here.  I have been getting the following message too, for the past few days.

"The firewall has blocked this program temporarily."  "Name: Windows Live OneCare User Agent, Publisher:  Microsoft Corporation, Location:  C:\Program Files\Microsoft Windows OneCare Live\GtCC.exe, Company:  Microsoft Corporation, Version:  2.5.2900.20"

I have looked for it in the list of programs that are allowed to pass through the firewall, and even tried adding it manually, and I still get the message after every boot.

Could someone help keep me up to date as well?  Thank You.

Saturday, November 22, 2008 3:21 AM

Answers

All replies

• Something broke within OneCare. That is a valid file and needs to be allowed, but nothing you can do in the settings will resolve what you are seeing. Please contact support or consider reinstalling OneCare.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Saturday, November 22, 2008 3:23 AM
  • Hey Steve,

Thanks for the information.  As it turned out, my CPU was near 100% usage during this time.  IE 7 would hang on occasion, among other odd behaviors, and I thought the worst.  However, it just turned out to be unnecessary software processes running for my printer.  I deleted the monster sized process, and now everything is good.

Thank You.

Sunday, November 23, 2008 4:21 AM