How to get the CreatedOn field value for Campaign Activity RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I am querying the campaignactivity entity. When i am trying to set the order of result acc to "createdon" field, i am getting error that field does not exist. So i looked into following tables which are related to campaignactivity.

campaignactivitybase,campaignactivityextensionbase,campaignactivityitembase.

None of them actually have that field. What exactly i am missing here?

Thanks!
    Thursday, May 14, 2009 6:47 PM

Answers

• In addition to Richard's response, you want to use filtered views when running queries.  Try to avoid querying the base tables.  The filtered views sometimes have the data you need and eliminate the need to join additional tables.

Best Regards, Donna
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Monday, May 18, 2009 2:39 PM
    Thursday, May 14, 2009 8:07 PM

All replies

• The campaign activity is a sub-type of activity, so the only fields that appear in those tables are fields specific to campaign activities.  You need to query the activity pointer table and filter on activitytypecode 4402 to get the campaign activities.
    Thursday, May 14, 2009 7:17 PM
  • In addition to Richard's response, you want to use filtered views when running queries.  Try to avoid querying the base tables.  The filtered views sometimes have the data you need and eliminate the need to join additional tables.

Best Regards, Donna
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Monday, May 18, 2009 2:39 PM
    Thursday, May 14, 2009 8:07 PM