How to visiable OpportunityClose's description field? RRS feed

• Question

• My customer post a new requirement:

Make OpportunityClose visiable. Because she want to check the close reason of  each opportunity records .

But ,when i finish it , she found cannot get the information what she want:

"Description" field of each OpportunityClose recorders.

I 'll try to make a self define view to show this filed, but you just find there have no Description in choose pannel of view define window.

So some one can give me some suggestion

thanks.

Thursday, April 18, 2013 2:53 AM

Answers

All replies

• OOB you can't see that detail in a view - here is an example that utilizes a plugin to write the data captured in the Opportunity Close Form to the Opportunity record itself:

Making Opportunity Close Data Available in a CRM 2011 View

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Thursday, April 18, 2013 3:55 AM
  • Oh, on my options, MSCRM should provide some more simple methods to show descriptions information.

and ,thanks for your answer.

Thursday, April 18, 2013 8:19 AM
  • The description information is not stored on the Opportunity record so you can't just "turn it on" for Opportunities. You might close an Opportunity in error, re-open it and then re-close it and the reasons for both events are stored on the Opportunity Close records individually (likewise Case Resolution behaves in a similar way).

Copying the information to the Opportunity itself using a workflow or plugin is the most obvious way to put it somewhere you can easily view it.

Hope this helps.
    Adam Vero, Microsoft Certified Trainer | Microsoft Community Contributor 2011
    Blog: Getting IT Right

Thursday, April 18, 2013 11:55 AM