Email Reporting Alignment Issue / Outlook Rendering Issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hello - I had seen so many issues reported against outlook 2007 and 2010 with format, alignment and attachments. I have same issue and unable to resolve the issue. All my email reports with attachments showing up fine in Outlook 2003. I have my .NET application sending 100s reports to Business and Internal IT with excel sheets, HTML output with Chart images embedded, all these emails reports are working fine in 2003 outlook, but not in 2007 and 2010 version. Is there any simple HTML code fix to resolve this issue?
    • Moved by Liliane Teng Wednesday, February 16, 2011 11:28 AM (From:Visual Basic General)
    Wednesday, February 9, 2011 5:48 PM

Answers

• I resolved most of the issues with Outlook 2010 alignment, All I had to do with HTML coding was to end every HTML tag though end tag is optional for most of the tags, after ending all my html tags, it started showing data output fine with expected alignment. I still have one issue, embedded images are not showing in 2010, but same email is working fine in 2003, I also tried Action-s->View in Browser and it showed the image fine. I will update the thread once I have resolved the embedded image issue.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011 6:07 PM

All replies

• Hello Sathish,

Thanks for your post.

This forum is for VB.NET questions. Based on your description, this issue maybe Off-Topic here. Please repost on appropriate forum for more better and quicker support. I suggest you could post on this forum for getting advice on which is the best place to ask such question. Hope it helpful.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/whatforum/threads
    (Where is the Forum For…?)

If you have any concerns, please feel free to follow up.

Best regards

Liliane Teng [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011 7:39 AM
  • Thx Liliane. I will make sure I post it in right place going forward.
    Wednesday, February 16, 2011 6:00 PM
  • Hello,

Thank you for your post!  I would suggest posting your question in one of the (Microsoft Office > Microsoft Office Forums > Microsoft Office Outlook Forums > Sending and Receiving Mail) forum located here:  (http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en/outlooksend/threads).

Hope that would be helpful.

Have a great day!

Thanks & regards,

Shivendra Pratap Singh Tier 2 Application Support Server and Tools Online Operations Team
    Wednesday, February 16, 2011 6:05 PM
  • I resolved most of the issues with Outlook 2010 alignment, All I had to do with HTML coding was to end every HTML tag though end tag is optional for most of the tags, after ending all my html tags, it started showing data output fine with expected alignment. I still have one issue, embedded images are not showing in 2010, but same email is working fine in 2003, I also tried Action-s->View in Browser and it showed the image fine. I will update the thread once I have resolved the embedded image issue.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011 6:07 PM