none
Google Replaces Microsoft as No 1 RRS feed

• Question

• Google has succeeded in toppling Microsoft from its high horse as the world's top-ranked brand, shows a study by market research firm, Millward Brown...
    Wednesday, April 25, 2007 1:09 PM

All replies

• You must have to provide the link from where you had read this..

can you plz do that???

It willl be helpful , in knowing more ...

Friday, April 27, 2007 6:08 AM
  • cant believe this Man!!
    Monday, June 4, 2007 6:32 AM
  • I have the highest respect for Google and its Products. But MS is after all MS. You cant just beat No. 1.... So if you have any proof of this research paper, please share the link. Thanks!
    Monday, June 4, 2007 8:30 AM
  • Google Can never Replace Microsoft ... may be Google Rules the internet World .....but Google Can Never Match with Microsoft's Technology .....
    Wednesday, June 6, 2007 1:44 PM
  • Well said Sam. Google has created its niche in the Search Engine field as well as other online products. But lets not forget, Microsoft creates application and even provides complete solutions like Microsoft Office for all your needs and requirements. A very large number of computer users use MS products. I can even imagine a world without Windows. No doubt Linux is very popular nowadays, but not every user prefers Linux to the clean and simple UI of Windows....
    Wednesday, June 6, 2007 5:33 PM
  • provide the proof or link dude....
    Friday, June 15, 2007 4:32 AM
  • It's probably from

http://www.reuters.com/article/internetNews/idUSN2331486120070423

From what I understand, it is not about the company itself, but about how people percieve the company brand. From the article: "The rankings were based on publicly available financial data along with primary research, including interviews with a million consumers worldwide". So this probably means people responded more positively about Google... With all this anti-Microsoft propaganda going on, it's probable that the consumer voice for MS decreased.. That might be the reason for MS going down from 1st position to 3rd..

Friday, June 15, 2007 6:45 AM
  • k.but be sure that microsoft will always be no1
    Friday, June 15, 2007 6:52 AM
  • Google for me is a great search engine,an equally overwhelming email service,an array of useful products,orkut,youtube and Blogger and some other good websites or simply Google is one of the most dominant player of the web which is making greater strides of progress now a days.

Microsoft on the other hand is the company revolutionised software and its development,the undisputed leader in Office and OS,a good server(IIS),one of the pioneers of modern day programming and a company trying to prove itself in the web.

If you compare the turnover you will notice that Microsoft is twice Google but remember Google has made this money in less than half the duration of Microsoft and also when Microsoft had other advantages like pre-established brand image,Default OS etc.

I simply can't judge a leader from these statistics and only time will tell the other part of the story.
    Monday, September 10, 2007 8:16 PM
  • ya...Google got high popularity very soon. but still microsoft is top place.

Wednesday, September 12, 2007 12:05 PM
  • Google is just becoming famous because it is providing many softwares free of cost....else Microsoft will be the best..with qa lot of useful and intresting softwares....
    Wednesday, September 12, 2007 11:27 PM
  • All said and done....i guess both google and microsoft are pioneers in their own way....Both have their own inimitable styles....and one just cant compare the two....!!! Its all about how u percieve it thats all...!!!! so cheers to both...!!!
    Monday, September 17, 2007 2:20 PM
  • You take 100 such researches you'll get 100 different results. I don't understand why people want to be anti-Microsoft. I have seen people bosting about linux, apple, sun but then what I never found them using a Solaris or Mac OS or linux based OS all of them use Windows for everyday use but they won't accept that Microsoft is the master. Microsoft invented AJAX not Google, google just used it.

Google was going great in 2005 but now its slow, and look at the microsoft, it is not going to stop, recent releases rocks, no one can match them. all the google's desktop applications suck except Gtalk, they hog memory (desktop toolbar search which is not better than avafind) and some them don't even work (remember that web accelerator!). Google was a search engine and I think it will remain a search engine (or say search engine++). And what about their beta products? GMail is still beta, orkut too, why it is taking so many years to come up with final releases?

Comparision between google and microsoft can not be done, microsoft is a company which has a revenue of 50 billian $, google haven't crossed yet 10. Technically microsoft is centuries ahead of google, think about its forthcoming technologies: surface, their singularity OS project, Next OS (Viena, I think).
    Wednesday, September 19, 2007 10:57 AM
  • Though Google has carved a niche for itself and may be superior than any other company in providing those wonderful services in certain areas of concern. But I think it has to travel a long way to be at the top.
    Wednesday, September 19, 2007 11:56 AM
  • man google and microsoft bth are gr8 and uncomparable........google shuld expand its work....
    Thursday, September 20, 2007 7:40 AM