question before it is released and I buy it RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am considering purchasing WHS and I have a couple of questions about it.  One is do you have to defragment the disks and how do you do this if you do?  And secondly is there a trial version I can download now?  Oh and one more question about security.  I know that servers are more subject to being attacked.  How does home server do with this?

Thank you

John Pearson

Thursday, August 23, 2007 12:22 AM

Answers

• Hi,

1 - No, you do not need to.

2 - Right now no, you can order trial when it posted in main site here and they can ship it to you with small charge for the shipment. Or try the RC from the connect site.

3 - WHS use login, try to keep it strong for your users accounts, keep it update and do not install on it thing that do not need, and you wil lbe fine, sure more addon will come in that area as well.

My best.

Thursday, August 23, 2007 1:16 AM
  • Hi,

The Microsoft beta site as here:

http://connect.microsoft.com

My best.
    Thursday, August 23, 2007 1:47 AM

All replies

• Hi,

1 - No, you do not need to.

2 - Right now no, you can order trial when it posted in main site here and they can ship it to you with small charge for the shipment. Or try the RC from the connect site.

3 - WHS use login, try to keep it strong for your users accounts, keep it update and do not install on it thing that do not need, and you wil lbe fine, sure more addon will come in that area as well.

My best.

Thursday, August 23, 2007 1:16 AM
  •  

Thank you for your reply.  When you say connect site what do you mean?  I know what rc is but not sure what connect site is.

Thank you

John

Thursday, August 23, 2007 1:40 AM
  • Hi,

The Microsoft beta site as here:

http://connect.microsoft.com

My best.
    Thursday, August 23, 2007 1:47 AM
  • Thank you very much

John

Thursday, August 23, 2007 3:16 AM