Neglected Contacts Report?- History & Activities RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi all,

I was wondering if it was possible to create a marketing list for neglected contacts... I need to know the last time the contact had any activities or history so I can add it to the marketing list for neglected contacts.

I've attempted a few times, but I can't seem to get the right filters to show all the necessary details. 

I would like to ultimately create a list and put it in Queue so coworkers can make cold calls.

Thank you very much in advance!!

-Anne

Friday, November 21, 2008 7:55 PM

Answers

•  

The hardest part about what you ask is easily getting the last contact date--there is no system field by default that captures that metric.

Using workflow in 4.0 it is pretty easy

http://blog.customereffective.com/blog/2008/01/capturing-last.html

Then you can create your marketing list based on contacts contacted not contacted in a specific time.

Friday, November 21, 2008 8:00 PM

All replies

•  

The hardest part about what you ask is easily getting the last contact date--there is no system field by default that captures that metric.

Using workflow in 4.0 it is pretty easy

http://blog.customereffective.com/blog/2008/01/capturing-last.html

Then you can create your marketing list based on contacts contacted not contacted in a specific time.

Friday, November 21, 2008 8:00 PM
  • Hi Joel,

Thank you for your response.  That link is actually very helpful, but one more question, will this workflow only work as of today?  Meaning I really have no way of tracking contacts with no activties prior to implementing the workflow?

Thanks again!!

Friday, November 21, 2008 8:06 PM
  • That's right--with this approach, it will only work as of today.

You could use a sql query to find this for existing contacts.  Using something like Scribe you could import this data to the existing contacts, then the workflow will pick it up after that:

Code Snippet

select contactid,fullname, accountidname, B.date

from FilteredContact A

Inner Join

(select Max(scheduledstart)as date, regardingobjectid

from FilteredActivityPointer

where regardingobjecttypecode =2

group by regardingobjectid) B

on A.contactid=B.regardingobjectid

Friday, November 21, 2008 8:22 PM
  •  

Thanks again Joel!! Have a great weekend