01 September Release about Recognition system RRS feed

• Question

• If it's released then, can someone please share the link of the 1 September release about recognition system?.

Cheers,

Derryl

Thursday, September 1, 2011 11:41 AM

Answers

All replies

• It has not been released yet (as of 9:36 AM).
    If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Helpful" vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an "Answer".

Rich Prescott | MCITP, MCTS, MCP

[Blog] Engineering Efficiency | Twitter: @Rich_Prescott | Powershell Client System Administration tool
    Thursday, September 1, 2011 1:35 PM
  • Thanks Rich

I am keen to see how they have linked recognition system with MVP award. To me, MCC in its current form is useless and i know few people who prefer not to take it when offered.

It would be ideal if Microsoft release the timetable/deadline for the MVP applications for each quarter as i suppose they consider it quarterly.

Thursday, September 1, 2011 2:05 PM
  • I wouldn't say its useless, but it could do with a lot of tweaking.  And, being candid, some response from the program owner / team would be worth their weight in gold.

A lot of effort is spent on recruiting and identifying people for the award but it dovetails off from there.  I personally enjoy the benefit, as it allows me to study for free towards various certifications

All in all, the MCC is a young programme and I've some hope it'll be nurtured correctly.

Steven Andrews | SharePoint Professional | http://www.twitter.com/backpackerd00d | https://baron72.wordpress.com/
    Thursday, September 1, 2011 3:56 PM
  • The english copy of the recognition information is staged and ready to be published today. Translated versions are behind schedule so we'll get those up as they become available.

The information is around what activities we track, the points they are worth and what you need to do to earn the available achievements (except the couple of easter egg ones we will keep secret ;-). There is no coverage of MCC or MVP as our data is just one thing those programs look at.

Thursday, September 1, 2011 5:01 PM
  •  (except the couple of easter egg ones we will keep secret ;-). There is no coverage of MCC or MVP as our data is just one thing those programs look at.

Thanks Sean
    I laughed a lot with this expression. And the truth no matter who is in English. Published.

Jaime

Thursday, September 1, 2011 5:22 PM
  • Ok, the information is published. It's available on the Recognition FAQ here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/ff395928#How_do_I_earn_points_

• Marked as answer by Derryl Stynes Thursday, September 1, 2011 7:43 PM
    Thursday, September 1, 2011 7:31 PM
  • you're a star.

Thanks

Thursday, September 1, 2011 7:43 PM
  • Thank Sean
    Sorry a question
    Blogs refer to?
    Published where?

Jaime
    Thursday, September 1, 2011 8:04 PM
  • Where is About Me Busy Bee?

Also, how do you 'review' a gallery contribution?  I've never seen an option for that anywhere.

If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Helpful" vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an "Answer".

[Blog] Engineering Efficiency | Twitter: @Rich_Prescott | Powershell Client System Administration tool
    Thursday, September 1, 2011 8:10 PM
  • Thank Sean
    Sorry a question
    Blogs refer to?
    Published where?

Jaime

MSDN or TechNet Blogs. The create a new post activity and achievements are limited to Microsoft Employees who can post on those sites. We are aware that does mean the community at large can't earn those but we wanted to recognize the employees who do blog on those platforms so that the community can better determine quality contributions and contributors.
    Thursday, September 1, 2011 8:38 PM
  • Where is About Me Busy Bee?

Also, how do you 'review' a gallery contribution?  I've never seen an option for that anywhere.

About Me Busy Bee was a time limited easter egg. It was only available earlier in the year. It is no longer earnable.

Gallery contributions can be reviewed on the Visual Studio Gallery: http://visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com/

Thursday, September 1, 2011 8:40 PM
  • @ Sean
    In my opinion should be separated from the schemes for employees, as there are issues that others do not have access, then they should not be there.

Jaime
    Thursday, September 1, 2011 11:26 PM