CRM 2013 online merge two contacts - The given key was not present in the dictionary RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

When I run two contact records merge process in staging CRM, which is actually now CRM 2015, I got this error: The given key was not present in the dictionary.  The detection rule is very simple: Email exact match.  No second criteria.  The duplicate detection job ran successfully.  The error only occurs when I merge two records from the job. 

I also ran merge Accounts on Account's detection rule (same name), and merge Leads on Lead's detection rule  (same Email), I did not get the same error.  Any thoughts?

Wednesday, April 1, 2015 10:02 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Looks like you have issues with plugins. Can you please recheck - do you have plugins that handle Merge/Update messages?

Dynamics CRM MVP
    My blog

• Marked as answer by chicago bq Thursday, April 2, 2015 9:08 PM
    Thursday, April 2, 2015 11:10 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Looks like you have issues with plugins. Can you please recheck - do you have plugins that handle Merge/Update messages?

Dynamics CRM MVP
    My blog

• Marked as answer by chicago bq Thursday, April 2, 2015 9:08 PM
    Thursday, April 2, 2015 11:10 AM
  • Hi, Andrii-

You are very, very right.  We have a legacy plugin which was registered in message 'Merge' of Contact entity.  Nobody knows what it does.  After I unregistered it from plugin, merging contacts worked.  You indicated a very important clue.  Thank you very much.

Thursday, April 2, 2015 9:08 PM