Pocket PC security settings RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

When using the Windows Mobile Client I go - Menu>Settings (Don't change anything)> Done and get presented with a warning page saying "Some content cannot be displayed due to the Pocket PC security settings" Then it has an "In the future, do not show this message" tick box.

Obviously I can click ok and no harm comes but I am intrigued as to what security settings I have set and if this is preventing me doing anything else.

Phone is a HTC Touch Diamond rebranded as an O2 XDA Ignito.

Any help appreciated

Rod
    Sunday, November 2, 2008 9:00 PM

Answers

• Hi rod_vdb,

The security dialog comes from pocket IE and there is nothing it prevents you from doing. The Mesh client will be as functional as expected.

The security setting for this is located at Pocket IE -> Menu->Tools->Options->Security->"Warn when page content is blocked due to security settings". When you click on "In the future, do not show this message", you'll find this checkbox in PIE is disabled also.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks,
    Archis
    A Jedi in the making!
    Sunday, November 2, 2008 10:08 PM

All replies

• Hi rod_vdb,

The security dialog comes from pocket IE and there is nothing it prevents you from doing. The Mesh client will be as functional as expected.

The security setting for this is located at Pocket IE -> Menu->Tools->Options->Security->"Warn when page content is blocked due to security settings". When you click on "In the future, do not show this message", you'll find this checkbox in PIE is disabled also.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks,
    Archis
    A Jedi in the making!
    Sunday, November 2, 2008 10:08 PM
  •  Super.

Thanks
    Tuesday, November 4, 2008 9:33 AM