"No data is available." RRS feed

• Question

• The website - www.mortgagecalculatorplus.com - is live since 2005, it has more than thousand inbound links.

Live Search: "We did not find any results for site:www.mortgagecalculatorplus.com"

Webmaster Tools: "No data is available." in Site Summary, while it shows links in "Top links to" tab (all links have 5 green boxes).

Please advise.
    Monday, January 21, 2008 7:03 PM

Answers

• So looking at your site we have crawled it, but it is not indexed. Just for comparison I checked Google and yahoo which you can see below.

Google: 3 

Yahoo: 6

After looking at this and your site, I think it is rank issue. You do have a lot of backlinks, a quick view of which, tells me they are mixed some good some not ranking well.  I checked for a robots.txt file on your page to see if there were issues, I didn't find any.   So it leaves me with content. I think the biggest issue you have is a lack of content.  We have a limited index size and therefor we look to webmasters to create unique and valuable content. Not every site we crawl will get indexed (although we would love to be able to). 

Perhaps if there was a way to get some additional content on the page other than the calculator?

Jeremiah
    Monday, January 21, 2008 9:47 PM
  • Hi Vijay,

You are very light on backlinks. Please review the blog post: I'm not ranking in Live Search, what can I do?

Thanks,

Brett

Tuesday, March 25, 2008 10:32 PM

All replies

• So looking at your site we have crawled it, but it is not indexed. Just for comparison I checked Google and yahoo which you can see below.

Google: 3 

Yahoo: 6

After looking at this and your site, I think it is rank issue. You do have a lot of backlinks, a quick view of which, tells me they are mixed some good some not ranking well.  I checked for a robots.txt file on your page to see if there were issues, I didn't find any.   So it leaves me with content. I think the biggest issue you have is a lack of content.  We have a limited index size and therefor we look to webmasters to create unique and valuable content. Not every site we crawl will get indexed (although we would love to be able to). 

Perhaps if there was a way to get some additional content on the page other than the calculator?

Jeremiah
    Monday, January 21, 2008 9:47 PM
  • Hi Jeremiah,

This is the same issue with my website www.retailspice.com. My site is developed based on PHP-NUKE and i have enough content and news items but it is not indexed and i am getting "No data is available." error. My site also ranked top by yahoo and google searches.

kind regards

Vijay
    Tuesday, March 25, 2008 3:56 AM
  • Hi Vijay,

You are very light on backlinks. Please review the blog post: I'm not ranking in Live Search, what can I do?

Thanks,

Brett

Tuesday, March 25, 2008 10:32 PM
  • Hi Jeremiah/Brett.

I posted this message originally on Feb. 21st, not sure what happened to this thread:

http://forums.microsoft.com/webmaster/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2885633&SiteID=79

We are experiencing the same issues described above and have performed all of the requested items indicated on the blog post, including making the above forum post as well as submitting via the 'sensitive' form.

We would very much appreciate some response to this issue.

Our URL is:  http://www.elitepokerchips.com/

Kind Regards.

Thursday, March 27, 2008 9:02 PM