HPC Job Scheduler - Job cannot be submitted or modified RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

i have to reissue an older thread.

I built a Cluster at our University and i want to send Jobs to the nodes via the HPC Cluster Manager.

If i try to submit or to modify Jobs,the described failure

"Database exception:Procedure or function 'Schd_NextTaskId' expects parameter '@numTasks', which was not supplied. "

appears and the job cannot be modified or submitted.

Thus i am not able to use my Cluster :-|

The installation of Windows Server 2008 R2 native was ok.

Thanks in advance for any answers.

Fabian

Edit: I have installed the free trial of HPC R1
    Friday, September 24, 2010 3:31 PM

Answers

• Hi Fabian,

It appears the problem is specific to German version. I verified that in English there is no such problem. The problem is fixed in SP1.

Regards,

Lukasz

Tuesday, November 2, 2010 9:39 PM

All replies

• Hi Fabian,

Could you give us some more details on how did you perform your current installation? Was there another version installed previously on the same heanode? What's the configuration of your database server? Did you apply any Service Packs?

The thing that you may try would be to uninstall the headnode components, drop all databases from all previous HPC installations (also delete their files) and then try to install again.

Best regards,
    Łukasz

Friday, September 24, 2010 5:30 PM
  • Hi Lukasz,

thanks for your answer.

I just reinstalled Microsoft HPC R2 on my Windows Server 2008 R2 system.
    I now have to fix some problems in communication between the english HPC and the german Windows.

Perhaps my problem will be solved afterwards. I will reply soon.

Kind regards,

Fabian

Monday, September 27, 2010 10:07 AM
  • Hi again,

my Problem could be solved by re-installing Microsoft HPC.

But there is another Problem: I cannot run diagnostic tests with the credentials i typed in during the installation. The defined user is a cluster administrator. Do i have to define the administrator status elsewhere than in Windows administration (i added the user to the administrator and the HPC admin groups)?

Best regards,

Fabian

Monday, September 27, 2010 12:49 PM
  • Hi Fabian,

Is it a domain user or local account on the headnode? It has to be a domain user.

What kind of errors are you getting while running diagnostics?

Regards,
    Łukasz

Monday, September 27, 2010 2:10 PM
  • Hi Lukasz,

The user i tried to start diagnostics with is a domain administrator and HPC administrator.

But the error i get is: Only cluster admin can run diagnostic tests. Provided credential DOMAIN\Administrator is not a cluster admin.

Best regards,

Fabian

Wednesday, September 29, 2010 10:22 AM
  • Hi Fabian,

Is your headnode also a domain controller?

Can you try to create custom user with admin privileges and then try to run diagnostics as him (for example DOMAIN\MyAdmin)?

Thanks,
    Łukasz

Wednesday, September 29, 2010 5:01 PM
  • Hi Lukasz,

I'm sorry for my absence.

My headnode is also a domain-controller.

I created a custom user with admin privileges, but running diagnostics did not start either.

At the moment i am not sure, if HPC is the right way for our cluster here.

Best regards,

Fabian

Wednesday, October 13, 2010 10:10 AM
  • Fabian, is it a non-English DC? We had a bug with the way we checked domain account. It will be fixed in the R2 SP1 release.

Rae

Tuesday, November 2, 2010 9:33 PM
  • Hi Fabian,

It appears the problem is specific to German version. I verified that in English there is no such problem. The problem is fixed in SP1.

Regards,

Lukasz

Tuesday, November 2, 2010 9:39 PM