Bug Live Messenger problem with contact with special hotmail address RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,

I have some problems with one of my contacts on mobile version of live messenger. I suspect it is caused by the hotmail address he has because it contains several underscores (format: a__aaaa_@hotmail.com). Another cause might be that he had a contact name containing an upside down question mark, however the problem persists after he has changed his display name.

The first problem was adding him as a contact, on my mobile it gives the message that there is no connection and that i should try again later. This problem is persistent. As a workaround I have logged in from my desktop and added the contact there.

The second problem is that in my contact list his contact is shown by his email address, while I would much prefer to see his current display name or a static nickname I assign to him. I have tried assigning him a nickname from the desktop client but this is not transferred to my mobile and I could not find an option to set the nickname on the mobile itself.

I think these are bugs in the software, if I've made a mistake or if you know a workaround please let me know.

Kind regards,
    Herman Eldering
    Sunday, October 5, 2008 10:00 PM