CRM2013 Spring Wave - SharePoint issues RRS feed

• Question

• Yesterday I had a customer's test instance receive the Spring Wave update. After activating the server side SharePoint functionality, it seems any document locations configured prior to the spring wave release do not display. It's worth noting this particular instance has a custom application which auto generates document locations oncreate of a record (to save the user receiving the 'do you wish to create a new document folder' and also to meet a SharePoint security requirement). I'm not sure if this is an issue specifically evident because of the custom generation of document folders or if everyone else out there with a previously configured CRMOnline > SharePoint online integration will hit the same issue.

Hopefully this question will attract some other users to either confirm or deny they have a similar issue after applying the updated SharePoint functionality in the Spring Wave. I have an open ticket with Microsoft support also so will update this post if they confirm the bug.

As a side note, I discovered that the 'Documents' tile has been renamed from 'navDocument' to 'navSPDocuments' so if you have any form script which shows/hides the documents tile, it will break once the spring wave update is deployed.

MCTS. GAP Consulting Ltd. Microsoft Community Contributor Award 2011 & 2013

Saturday, May 24, 2014 1:02 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Another oddity I've found is once the new SharePoint feature is activated in Spring Wave, the 'Documents' tile needs a security privilege called 'SharePoint Document' - else I received a strange script error in a previously fine show/hide rule I had set (shows the documents tile if a particular field is set to true). I couldn't see this in the security role UI but the XRMToolBox enabled me to set it.

Does anyone else out there have positive/negative experience after activating the new SharePoint functionality following the Spring Wave deployment?

MCTS. GAP Consulting Ltd. Microsoft Community Contributor Award 2011 & 2013

Sunday, June 1, 2014 10:10 PM
    Answerer