Ideas on Whitepapers RRS feed

• Question

• Hi friends

According to Microsoft's mail, Whitepapers section will start from Sunday.. So just give ur ideas regarding the whitepapers .. i mean the kind of content you want to see in the papers.

I am thinking of putting some technical stuff regarding creating your own content using Microsoft's tools ..

What do you people think?

Lets all contribute..

Friday, March 9, 2007 2:37 PM

Answers

• Well as far as i think u can submit all the info u have on any technical subject in an organised manner...

so just take up a topic and write about it...

These days hot topics are security, network security, cryptography, vista, LAN-WAN, WiFi and may more...

Just take a topic and start writing...

if u find my reply appropriate then please mark it as an answer

Friday, March 9, 2007 3:17 PM
  • well i think as far as Whitepaper is concerned , let me make it clear that it is a Article and it ontains facts about the technology and sometiems , it states how a technology is better than other  that means a comparison or analysis but it contains highly technical stuff and not just beating around the bush. So don't just copy paste from around the internet to post your whitepaper here.

I am thinking of putting some whitepapers on Graphics and Biometrics technology.

Also I am planning on Operating Systems as I have worked on building one . So it will be a good start for others.

Saturday, March 10, 2007 5:00 AM
  • Hey friend

Whitepaper is not about copying other's copyrighted material . Its your own creation and it tells how to choose between two alternatives available or more.

So keep this in mind before you submit your whitepaper

Monday, March 12, 2007 4:42 AM
  • I have been seeing many copy pasted articles there in whitepapers which just rins the all meaning of it.. So i advice all of you to put your own content only and not cpy it from anywhere  else .. You can use refrences from other sites but at the nd of the day , the content should be yours.. Try to make as many reviews as possible..
    Thursday, March 15, 2007 8:08 PM

All replies

• hi,

I guess white papers means paper presentation on any technical topic .
    Friday, March 9, 2007 2:46 PM
  • Well as far as i think u can submit all the info u have on any technical subject in an organised manner...

so just take up a topic and write about it...

These days hot topics are security, network security, cryptography, vista, LAN-WAN, WiFi and may more...

Just take a topic and start writing...

if u find my reply appropriate then please mark it as an answer

Friday, March 9, 2007 3:17 PM
  • Hi, according to me, a  whitepaper is actually an article on anything related to technical stuff. It may be a new tecnhology ,or technical competitions goin on nowadays.
    Friday, March 9, 2007 4:48 PM
  • well i think as far as Whitepaper is concerned , let me make it clear that it is a Article and it ontains facts about the technology and sometiems , it states how a technology is better than other  that means a comparison or analysis but it contains highly technical stuff and not just beating around the bush. So don't just copy paste from around the internet to post your whitepaper here.

I am thinking of putting some whitepapers on Graphics and Biometrics technology.

Also I am planning on Operating Systems as I have worked on building one . So it will be a good start for others.

Saturday, March 10, 2007 5:00 AM
  • Try some thing like a innovative paper on network security..etc..;
    Saturday, March 10, 2007 5:52 AM
  • How abot copying and pasting from wikipedia :) there are lot of interesting articles many would have to search it in there., We can provide it to others with ease and also without the need for one to search and waste time :)
    Sunday, March 11, 2007 8:08 AM
  • Hey friend

Whitepaper is not about copying other's copyrighted material . Its your own creation and it tells how to choose between two alternatives available or more.

So keep this in mind before you submit your whitepaper

Monday, March 12, 2007 4:42 AM
  • Thanks for letting me know th precise meaning  :) But it really takes time to make a whitepaper :(
    Monday, March 12, 2007 9:12 AM
  • well genuine ideas take time, but its worth it my dear friend
    Monday, March 12, 2007 12:13 PM
  • a white paper is a abstract of a certain techonology or an article stuff like that....
    Monday, March 12, 2007 6:06 PM
  • just download into the site..
        but the main drawback is three per month...
          so u can't get more points....
    Wednesday, March 14, 2007 11:37 AM
  • thats right lokesh. but i think this is the best method. else all the ppl wil be posting many unwanted articles jus for points..
    Wednesday, March 14, 2007 11:44 AM
  • One more disadvantage, we will get lesser opportunities to reach the min 10K goal :(
    Wednesday, March 14, 2007 6:34 PM
  • Its of great concern.. Thats right.. But thats not the only motive.. V can already find some ppl making use of this forum only for such purposes !
    Thursday, March 15, 2007 1:31 PM
  • Yes m8, many people consider points as the main motive, while the main motive is to learn and tech in this event.
    Thursday, March 15, 2007 3:57 PM
  • I have been seeing many copy pasted articles there in whitepapers which just rins the all meaning of it.. So i advice all of you to put your own content only and not cpy it from anywhere  else .. You can use refrences from other sites but at the nd of the day , the content should be yours.. Try to make as many reviews as possible..
    Thursday, March 15, 2007 8:08 PM
  • thanks for the advice m8.
    Friday, March 16, 2007 6:38 PM
  • Can prepare your own whitepaper and submit here
    Monday, March 19, 2007 4:59 AM
  • Hey man we have to prepare our own whitepapers only and not use someone else intellectual property.If you are asking me to upload one whitepaper , I will upload that soon.
    Monday, March 19, 2007 8:26 AM
  • hi dea friend..
       u can post three white papers per month and then thats point will be add end of the month.....
    Wednesday, March 21, 2007 3:21 AM