Videos in Xbox 360 RRS feed

• Question

• I finally can see my mp3 and videos on my xbox 360. However, not everything is there. Has anyone seen this? Am I missing something? Thanks
    Thursday, April 19, 2007 1:38 AM

Answers

• I have the same issue. I only can see a max of 11 videos. Is that what you get too? I am not sure if this is the max video by design on the xbox part. I haven't play any videos prior to whs. I hate to say it, but glad to see I am not alone. Wink
    Thursday, April 19, 2007 2:27 AM
  • I am currently using winavi. It seems pretty good. Give that a go.
    Thursday, April 19, 2007 3:15 AM
  • Scott,

Check out  this link for supported and unsuppoted codecs.

Thursday, April 19, 2007 3:35 AM

All replies

• Are all of your files in the the same format? The 360 does not currently support all video formats but in an update that will be coming out soon for the 360 Dashboard, support will be added for other formats. If you can, make sure that all of your video is in the same format so that the 360 can read it and play it.
    Thursday, April 19, 2007 2:23 AM
  • I have the same issue. I only can see a max of 11 videos. Is that what you get too? I am not sure if this is the max video by design on the xbox part. I haven't play any videos prior to whs. I hate to say it, but glad to see I am not alone. Wink
    Thursday, April 19, 2007 2:27 AM
  • Some of the videos.. if they are all MPEG's, may be encoded with the DivX codecs (common) or other codecs not supported by the Xbox 360, so they might not be on the list of movies on yer Xbox 360.

When I had initially setup my WHS Beta 2, the videos and music were viewable without any issues.. however, after a while it just wouldn't see or play any songs any more. Although, I could see the Albums, and Playlists that I had setup. Sounds like that's been fixed with CTP.. I'll have to give it a whirl later on.
    Thursday, April 19, 2007 3:06 AM
  • All my formats are .wmv. I think I should be ok right? I have the same issue. I can only see a max of 10 videos. However there is no problems with my mp3. I am hoping the CTP will fix this issue. What are software are you guys using to convert avi to wmv?
    Thursday, April 19, 2007 3:13 AM
  • I am currently using winavi. It seems pretty good. Give that a go.
    Thursday, April 19, 2007 3:15 AM
  • Scott,

Check out  this link for supported and unsuppoted codecs.

Thursday, April 19, 2007 3:35 AM
  • You can install ORB on your server and the 360 will see all your videos and play them.
    Friday, April 20, 2007 3:16 PM