A folder won't update RRS feed

• Question

• I am syncing the Favorites folder on all my computers.  All are updating fine except for the Links folder on one computer that I just did a fresh install on.  I tried copying the files directly over the network but they keep on disappearing and the folder is left empty.  All the other Favorites in the favorites are syncing just fine. 
    Kevin
    Friday, November 21, 2008 2:07 PM

Answers

• Hi Kevin,

I'm glad it started working, but if this problem should reappear please collect your logs and open a bug.

Thanks,

Ben.
    Monday, November 24, 2008 6:04 PM

All replies

• Hi Kevin,

Do the Links folders on your other computers contain the missing files?  And are they staying in sync?  Can you identify any differences with this one computer?  It sounds as though Live Mesh is trying to update this particular Links folder and is either failing, or thinks it should be empty.  If we can figure out why that is, we might be able to resolve the problem.

Ben.
    Friday, November 21, 2008 7:48 PM
  • Not sure the differences you are suggesting.

I just went into the properties for that folder and turned off sync for that folder on that computer.  Rebooted and turned it back on and all is well.

I am just noticing more and more problems with mesh lately.  I'll start a new thread about that though.
    Kevin
    Monday, November 24, 2008 2:14 PM
  • Hi Kevin,

I'm glad it started working, but if this problem should reappear please collect your logs and open a bug.

Thanks,

Ben.
    Monday, November 24, 2008 6:04 PM
  • On all the computers other than the problem XP machine, the folders work without any problems.

As I mentioned in my post, on the problem machine, Mesh is creating all the sub folders and placeholders but never actually downloads any of the files themselves.

I should note that the third machine is under a different username, i.e. I invited this person to share my files. There are a total of three persons sharing this folder.

Thanks,
    Monday, November 24, 2008 10:54 PM