none
Synctoy 2.1 Problems with Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• I have a PC and a laptop both running Windows 7, 32 bit which I need to synchronize files between after traveling and working with the laptop.  When the computers used XP and Vista, Synctoy worked well for the file synchronization.  Since upgrading to Windows 7 and Synctoy 2.1 I have tried setting up the sync through both my home network and the Windows 7 user group, but cannot get it to work either way.  I can normally setup the files to sync, but when I try to run the sync an error message is received that says the files cannot be found. Any Suggestions?  Is there another recommended program that does syncing?  I can sync from either computer to my backup harddrive using Synctoy.
    Thursday, May 27, 2010 2:26 PM

All replies

• Hi agreen59,

It has a good performance with SyncToy2.1 and Win7 on my computer. I'm not sure what's wrong with your computer. To find the issue, you can try to restart computer and change another folder to sync.

Thanks,

Danish

Sunday, June 13, 2010 5:48 AM
  • Hmm not sure what are you syncing. It might be a file that it won't sync, like a certain type of files won't go through the folder. Like I encounter the same situation when I sync my documents files to "dropbox" some type of files, dropbox won't accept, so it deny or give me an error. Also make sure the files aren't hidden or else it might refuse them.
    Wednesday, June 16, 2010 2:56 AM