partners needed for crm 2013 updates? RRS feed

• Question

• is it really necessary to employ a partner to do the new 2013 update?-  if there is only one customization , is it good enough for the vendor to fix the customization for the new update and do the upgrade by our self

thanks in advance

pf

• Edited by pearsef Wednesday, January 15, 2014 9:46 PM
    Wednesday, January 15, 2014 3:01 PM

Answers

• If you are upgrading from CRM 2011, some kind of tech review should be in order. If you have a vendor-provided customization, I'd get the CRM 2013-supported update and then update. If you're on-premises, I'd take a backup of the CRM database and update in a test org first, to make sure everything works like you expect. If so, then no, I don't think you'd need a MS partner to update to 2013.

However, if anything goes awry, I'd bring in a partner to resolve the outstanding issue since they should have experience in handling update issues.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

• Marked as answer by pearsef Wednesday, January 15, 2014 9:46 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by pearsef Wednesday, January 15, 2014 9:46 PM
    • Marked as answer by pearsef Wednesday, January 15, 2014 9:47 PM
    Wednesday, January 15, 2014 4:10 PM

All replies

• Not sure if I understand your question clearly, but I am assuming when you are saying 2013 updates, you mean to apply rollup if released, if yes then you should always apply new updates, because these are fixes for known issues. Please provide more information if my response is not what you are looking for.

Our Website | Our Blog | Follow US | My Facebook Page | Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Application Design
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Wednesday, January 15, 2014 3:29 PM
  • If you are upgrading from CRM 2011, some kind of tech review should be in order. If you have a vendor-provided customization, I'd get the CRM 2013-supported update and then update. If you're on-premises, I'd take a backup of the CRM database and update in a test org first, to make sure everything works like you expect. If so, then no, I don't think you'd need a MS partner to update to 2013.

However, if anything goes awry, I'd bring in a partner to resolve the outstanding issue since they should have experience in handling update issues.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

• Marked as answer by pearsef Wednesday, January 15, 2014 9:46 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by pearsef Wednesday, January 15, 2014 9:46 PM
    • Marked as answer by pearsef Wednesday, January 15, 2014 9:47 PM
    Wednesday, January 15, 2014 4:10 PM