none
how to run a 32 bit project on 64 bit machine, keep getting errors like Error_117_Reference required to assembly 'ASABTCPLib, Version=2.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' containing the type 'ASABTCPLib.enumFunction'. Add one to your project._C: RRS feed

• Question

• how to run a 32 bit project on 64 bit machine, keep getting errors like Error 117 Reference required to assembly 'ASABTCPLib, Version=2.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' containing the type 'ASABTCPLib.enumFunction'. Add one to your project.
    • Moved by Amanda Zhu Wednesday, September 4, 2013 1:33 AM
    Monday, August 26, 2013 6:47 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

If you have not done so already, under project properties, compile tab set Target CPU to x86 (this is a ComboBox selecton). Also one of your references may be missing a dependency file.

Can you get the project to run on a 64 bit OS ? If so the problem may be that there is no 32 bit version of the DLL.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem.

Monday, August 26, 2013 9:14 PM
  • Hello,

Thank you for your post.

I am afraid that the issue is out of support range of VS General Question forum which mainly discusses WPF & SL designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System and Visual Studio Editor.

Whether you are running a C++ project? Is ‘ASABTCPLib’ assembly created yourself?

When you get this issue? During building/compiling? Or when debugging?

Please provide us more information so that we can check if this thread can be moved to a more appropriate forum for better response.

Best regards,

Amanda Zhu <THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 6:09 AM
  • I think this should be asked in the proper language forum under Visual Studio Languages.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

My Blog: http://unlockpowershell.wordpress.com
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ("6B61726C6D69747363686B65406D742E6E6574"-split"(?<=\G.{2})",19|%{[char][int]"0x$_"})

Friday, September 6, 2013 2:07 PM