money plus RRS feed

• Question

• I have used it for many years. Installed update software for MS wireless mouse 5000 for 64 bit windows 7 today.

Now i get the following message.

"there is no disk in the drive. please insert a disk into drive\Device\Harddisk4\DR9.

Can anyone suggeets what is happening.

Thank you

Thursday, March 22, 2012 3:04 PM

All replies

• Try this: In Windows Explorer navigate to your *.mny file in My Documents.  Double click on that file to open it.  It should open in Money.  Subsequent openings of Money should then work.
    Thursday, March 22, 2012 5:34 PM
  • Thank you for your suggestion but that still doesn't open it. I just tried that.

I even took the backup off my external drive.

Thursday, March 22, 2012 6:14 PM
  • One more thing before I give up.  Try a System Restore to before you installed the Wireless Mouse.
    Thursday, March 22, 2012 7:59 PM
  • ouch. thats last year.

any other ideas. This is really such a problem.

Thank you.

Friday, March 23, 2012 1:32 PM
  • Sorry, I meant do a System Restore to before you did the Update which caused the problem.  According to your post that was Thursday, March 22, 2012.
    Friday, March 23, 2012 5:25 PM
  • bobjbkln interpretes you are getting the error that you report only when you open Money. Let's assume he is right.

Copy your latest *.mny and *.mbf file from your hard drive to other media, in case something bad happens.

Do that System Restore selecting an appropriate restore point. If for some reason you do not have a suitable restore point, I would wonder why.  Then I would do an uninstall of that Mouse software. If that fixes the problem, you might contact customer support for the mouse.

Friday, March 23, 2012 10:58 PM