CRM 4.0 Upgrade "Microsoft.CRM.Setup.Server.GrantConfigDBDatabaseAccessAction failed" issue... RRS feed

• Question

• I am currently struggeling doing an upgrade from CRM 3.0 to CRM 4.0. The environment is as follows: the Domain Controller VM, SQL Server 2005 SP 2 VM and CRM VM.

Halfway through the upgrade process, I get the following error message, right after a timeout error: "Action Microsoft.CRM.Setup.Server.GrantConfigDBDatabaseAccessAction failed. The DEFAULT_SCHEMA clause cannot be used with a windows group or with principals mapped to certificates or asymmetric keys".

I am logging in with my AD credetials on all the VM's, and have given myself Admin rights on all the necesary groups in AD. On the SQL VM  saw that the NT Authority\Network Service account has been "removed" and added this to both CRM databases manually after reading a post on http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.crm/browse_thread/thread/d12c96b8ee96c3a2 , but I am still getting this error. Also read some people are experiencing a similar problem if the German languge (http://kbalertz.com/947505/install-Microsoft-Dynamics-server-Windows-Server-Service-computer-German-language-support-installation-fails.aspx ) is enabled, but this is not the problem in my case - English language is used everywhere.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
    Monday, February 2, 2009 9:31 AM

Answers

• I had the same error quoted above. Had CRM 3.0 working with SQL 2000. Upgraded SQL 2000 directly to SQL 2008. During the install of CRM 4 i hit the error:

"Action Microsoft.CRM.Setup.Server.GrantConfigDBDatabaseAccessAction failed. The DEFAULT_SCHEMA clause cannot be used with a windows group or with principals mapped to certificates or asymmetric keys".

I followed the Google Groups link mentioned above which detailed:

1. Delete the SQL database user NT Authority\Network Service.
    2. Add NT Authority\Network Service  user
    3. In server mappings link above user to CRM and Meta databases
    4. Set Schema to dbo

After doing this I was able to resume my CRM 4 install by clicking Retry and it went along happily.

Hope this helps.

Monday, July 5, 2010 12:18 PM

All replies

• Hi Greg,

Did you ever find a resolution to your problem?

"Action Microsoft.CRM.Setup.Server.GrantConfigDBDatabaseAccessAction failed. The DEFAULT_SCHEMA clause cannot be used with a windows group or with principals mapped to certificates or asymmetric keys".

I am trying to upgrade CRM 3.0 on SQL 2000 to CRM 4.0 on SQL 2008 and getting the same error. (I know CRM 3.0 doesnt support SQL 2008, so a '1' step upgrade might have its risks).

I'm trying this in a virtual environment first.

Any comments on this?

Thanx

Glen
    Tuesday, March 10, 2009 3:26 PM
  • I had the same error quoted above. Had CRM 3.0 working with SQL 2000. Upgraded SQL 2000 directly to SQL 2008. During the install of CRM 4 i hit the error:

I followed the Google Groups link mentioned above which detailed:

1. Delete the SQL database user NT Authority\Network Service.
    2. Add NT Authority\Network Service  user
    3. In server mappings link above user to CRM and Meta databases
    4. Set Schema to dbo

After doing this I was able to resume my CRM 4 install by clicking Retry and it went along happily.

Hope this helps.

Monday, July 5, 2010 12:18 PM