Mediation server "Not Properly Registered in AD" RRS feed

• Question

• We've just installed an R2 pool and added an R2 meriation to it.

Trying to access its properties from OCS MMC (even on the server itself) returns an error ""This mediation server is not properly registered in Active Directory".

Any idea what this might be? And how to solve it?

Grts

Wednesday, January 28, 2009 4:54 PM

All replies

• Hi,

The quick solution would be Deactivating and reactivating mediation server. If you dont want to do that then i suggest you to check few things.

The OCS services are based on the security channel between OCS server and domain controller.

1. Ensure the network connection between OCS server and domain controller is in good condition:

Ping dc_name
    Telnet dc_name 389

2. Ensure the OCS server has been a member of domain
    3. Install the Windows 2003 Support Tools on OCS server and ensure the security channel is fine:

a. To reset the security channel, run the command nltest /sc_reset:domain_name
    b. To query the security channel, run the command nltest /sc_query:domain_name.

Hope this helps.

Jit

Jithendranath Reddy http://www.ocspedia.com
    Thursday, January 29, 2009 9:18 AM
  • Hello,

I have the same problem after deleting and re-creating the computer account of the Mediation server
    So i believe that the old computer account was registered somehow in AD
    I need to know how to register the new computer account without deactivating and reactivating

Thank you
    • Proposed as answer by Hani Naiem Tuesday, June 23, 2009 7:53 AM
    Tuesday, June 23, 2009 7:53 AM
  • Hello,

I have the same problem after deleting and re-creating the computer account of the Mediation server
    So i believe that the old computer account was registered somehow in AD
    I need to know how to register the new computer account without deactivating and reactivating

Thank you

Tuesday, June 23, 2009 7:54 AM