Install successful, but no evidence of new features RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

Maybe you can help...

I installed Power Pack 1 on my 120-day eval copy of WHS.  Installation went smooth (upgrade executable from the WHS console).

After reboot, I was instructed to update the connectors.  Did that successfully.

When I use the WHS console to connect, I see no difference.  No new features.  Just the original behavior.  Also, my remote connection stopped working after the upgrade.  WHS reports my route is unable to receive inbound connections. (I can though)

From the resources section in settings, I see the correct versions of components: 6.0.1771.0

Any idea what I may have done wrong?  I can still access/use the WHS, but without new features.

Thanks!

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 4:57 AM

Answers

• My Remote Access wasn't working right after the upgrade. I went to the WHS Console and did a Refresh under Domain Name Details, and it came right back. Not sure what that was about.
    Wednesday, June 11, 2008 10:33 AM
  • The refeshing of the connection seemed to work.  Thank you!

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 11:45 AM
  • If it says 1771, you have done nothing wrong.  You have to do something to see the new features, add a hard drive, remote in and look at files.  Look in the software connector folder.  See 64 bit stuff there, that's new.

Still.....

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 1:14 PM

All replies

• Lost my remote connection also. Anyone know a fix for this. Worked fine before the PP1 install.

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 8:06 AM
  • I had the same issue, all you have to do is remote to the server and open a command window and type "sc start DDNSS" without the quotes.
    Wednesday, June 11, 2008 9:24 AM
  • My Remote Access wasn't working right after the upgrade. I went to the WHS Console and did a Refresh under Domain Name Details, and it came right back. Not sure what that was about.
    Wednesday, June 11, 2008 10:33 AM
  • The refeshing of the connection seemed to work.  Thank you!

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 11:45 AM
  • Does anyone have any idea regarding my first issue?  WHS with Power Pack 1 is intalled, but I see no new features.  It is like it isn't installed.

When I look at the resources, it indicates the component versions are all 6.0.1771.0.  The first line says Windows Home Server with Power Pack 1.

I reinstalled the connector software after the upgrade.

There is no difference, regarding features, on the WHS with Power Pack 1.

I am trying to determine what I may have done wrong.

Thanks!

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 11:49 AM
  • If it says 1771, you have done nothing wrong.  You have to do something to see the new features, add a hard drive, remote in and look at files.  Look in the software connector folder.  See 64 bit stuff there, that's new.

Still.....

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 1:14 PM