none
Compiler error when SCOM 2012 R2 SDK compiled using Visual studio 2013

Question

• I have the connector written using 2007 SDK , Now I am trying to buidl the same code using the SCOM 2012 SDK dll . by replacing the following dll

1. Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.OperationsManager.Common.dll
    2. Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.OperationsManager.dll

with scom 2012 sdk dlls

1. Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Core.dll
    2. Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.OperationsManager.dll
    3. Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Runtime.dll

Note :

I copied the the Operations Manager software development kit (SDK) binaries  located at  %ProgramFiles%\System Center 2012\Operations Manager\Server\SDK Binaries\ folder.

when I compiled the code using Visual studio 2008 :

Compilation successful and connector is working fine.

when I compiled the code using Visual studio 2013 :

Compilation failed with following error :

c:\spectrum_10.2_vs2013\mom.a\lib\microsoft.enterprisemanagement.core.dll : warning C4945: 'MonitoringTaskCredentials' : cannot import symbol from 'c:\spectrum_10.2_vs2013\mom.a\li
    b\microsoft.enterprisemanagement.core.dll': as 'Microsoft::EnterpriseManagement::Configuration::MonitoringTaskCredentials' has already been imported from another assembly 'Microsof
    t.EnterpriseManagement.OperationsManager'
            c:\spectrum_10.2_vs2013\mom.a\lib\microsoft.enterprisemanagement.operationsmanager.dll : see declaration of 'Microsoft::EnterpriseManagement::Configuration::MonitoringTaskC
    redentials'
            first seen type is used; re-order imported assemblies to use the current type
            This diagnostic occurred while importing type 'Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Configuration.MonitoringTaskCredentials' from assembly 'Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Core, V
    ersion=7.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'.
    c:\Spectrum_10.2_VS2013\Mom.a\scom\src\SCOMConnectorMgr.cc(132) : fatal error C1001: An internal error has occurred in the compiler.
    (compiler file 'f:\dd\vctools\compiler\cxxfe\sl\p1\c\esu.c', line 6378)
     To work around this problem, try simplifying or changing the program near the locations listed above.
    Please choose the Technical Support command on the Visual C++

The same code is working fine when i compiled using vs 2008 .

This is code at line 132 :

mgtGroup = ManagementGroup(scomHost );

Is it a version compatibilty issue ( .net framework / visual studio )

Please advise.

shiva

Tuesday, May 24, 2016 12:59 PM

Answers