Recreating Server Folders RRS feed

• Question

• Server Folders:  These are the standard folders in which WHS 2011 creates by itself.

I have installed the RTM version of WHS 2011.  I am trying to migrate my Server Folders which held my data on the RC version. 

The new server folders are created on drive c: and my old server folders are on drive d:

I was able to delete my "Client Backup" server folder and recreate it on drive d: under the directory "Server Folders" - which is where it should be.  However, when I try to do this to any others the error message "A server folder may not be added to a folder that contains a shared folder.  Select a different location."

So now, under "Server Folders" I can have only one shared folder where as before I could have as many as I wanted.  How do I correct this and move all of my other folders under "Server Folders" which is where it should be?

Thanks. Paul Carvajal
    Friday, May 20, 2011 9:38 PM

All replies

• In Dashboard, Server Folders & Hard Drives select the folder you want to move and in the right hand panel select "Move the Folder" and follow the wizard.
    Friday, May 20, 2011 10:27 PM
  • No workie - gives the error message "A server folder may not be added to a folder that contains a shared folder.
    Thanks. Paul Carvajal
    Friday, May 20, 2011 10:33 PM
  • You might want to look at this:

--
    Don
    Friday, May 20, 2011 10:44 PM