Off Topic: w32.myzor virus RRS feed

• General discussion

• When I open IE Version 7, it tells me that i have this w32.myzorfk@yf virus and to download the spyware.  well i knew better than to do that and decided to do an internet search on how to remove the virus.  well i've been reading blogs and searching for 3 days now.  i tried the smitfraud program and it does not work with Windows Vista in which I have. does anyone have any suggestions, had this problem, or anything. i'm trying to avoid using the geeksquad if i can do this myself.
    Monday, April 23, 2007 6:09 AM

All replies

• hmm it has gotten in already sir, how long this issue been occuring in your system ( pop-ups or slowdown in the system ) quite often is uses fake av prompts telling your to download it in order to remove such infections which they "will" deploy on your system the moment you agree or download the said program and start updating such.

I would recommend initial resolution as for system restore if it hasnt gone beyond a week ( if its possible ) you also if its not possible to system restore. please delete entries for the this folders which you can access since youre in vista press the windows flag in your keyboard hold it and press "R" , type prefetch and it should open the said folder delete as much as you can from it

2. temp

3. %temp%

Delete all others in this said folders try to delete as many as you can

also go safemode if you do have windows defender in your system run it through on full scan that should take care of it

Monday, April 23, 2007 12:40 PM
  • I am sorry but if you are not using Windows OneCare then you are off topic for this forum you can look for help in these newsgroups www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx we are not a general forum for spyware,malware or virus help and I will be locking these thread.

chuck

Monday, April 23, 2007 3:18 PM