Scheduling Longer Services RRS feed

• Question

• "Default Duration
    You must select how long the service lasts. This can be changed when the service activity is created. The maximum duration of an appointment or service activity is 10 days."

But when we attempt to schedule any activity longer than the contiguous block of time available before or after the lunch break, the scheduler thinks that no resources are available to schedule the activity, even though the technician's calendar is blank.

What must be done in order to schedule the activity across several days while still observing off times and breaks?

Friday, February 12, 2010 9:25 PM

Answers

• Hi John,
    I had a similar issue when I was implementing Dynamics CRM for specific scuba diving training company and they have a even 20 days long one training.
    We wrote a plugin and if they choose an service longer then week and divide it for several parts (main was cut to 5 days and it create the same acvitity for the next weeks) when it was 20 days - it change a duration time to 5 days and create another 3 new service activity for 5 days. There will be some problems with service calendar which is checking if resource it's free or busy in my case.

My Dynamics CRM Blog: http://bovoweb.blogspot.com
    • Proposed as answer by kgorczewski Saturday, February 13, 2010 10:47 PM
    • Marked as answer by Donna EdwardsMVP Thursday, February 18, 2010 9:29 PM
    Saturday, February 13, 2010 10:46 PM