Windows Media m4a RRS feed

• Question

• I have a 1G MiniSD and I have transferred a number of songs onto it from my computer. All of the songs I have transferred are mp3 format, but some of them turn to m4a when they are on my phone. When I try to upload my library for Windows Media Player it says I upload all the songs, but it only has the mp3 format songs in the library. I'm not sure what I can do to change this. I appreciate anybody who can help me out. Thanks a lot.

Wednesday, April 23, 2008 10:37 PM

All replies

• m4a files are copy protected music files....

Thursday, April 24, 2008 4:51 AM
  • No they're not. m4p files are copy-protected music files. m4a files are unprotected. Media Player plays m4a files just fine if you open them from File Explorer, they just don't show up in the library. That is what the person in the previous post is asking about.
    Friday, July 25, 2008 3:23 PM
  • What media player are you talking about because my Windows Media Player 9 sure won't open the M4A files??

Hepl me.

Mgee

Wednesday, September 3, 2008 8:53 PM
  •  AnonymousIsMyName wrote:
    No they're not. m4p files are copy-protected music files. m4a files are unprotected. Media Player plays m4a files just fine if you open them from File Explorer, they just don't show up in the library. That is what the person in the previous post is asking about.

Thanks for correcting my error .... we learn everyday

Wednesday, September 3, 2008 10:25 PM
  • This site might give a little insight into m4a files:

http://www.m4a.com/

Wednesday, September 3, 2008 10:26 PM
  • I'm having precisely this problem: M4A-formatted music files on my AT&T Tilt play in WMP via the file explorer but are not recognized when I update the WMP library.  The artilce referenced in the last post didn't contain a solution, or at least not one that I could recognize.  Has anyone solved this problem yet?

Thursday, September 25, 2008 9:11 PM